At Amazon, innovation drives growth and enables us to offer our customers more types of products conveniently and at even lower prices. Amazon Kindle is a revolutionary device and one of the most innovative businesses at Amazon. We envision wireless electronic reading experiences that embrace a physical book's simplicity and utility but take advantage of our store platform and the Kindle's ubiquitous wireless connectivity. Our vision for Kindle is to offer every book, ever written, in any language, all available within 60 seconds.
The Amazon Kindle team is seeking a Risk Management Coordinator for our Kindle Books Self-Publishing Operation. This is an exciting opportunity to work on highly visible projects and be part of history in the making!
The Risk Management Coordinator will:
· Evaluate content appropriateness compliance for books submitted through Amazon.com's Kindle Direct Publishing.
· Effectively prioritize work time to ensure productivity and fulfill team standards for time spent in order to consistently achieve service levels.
· Identify opportunities to eliminate process redundancy.
· Leverage technology and innovation to bring continuous improvement to the operational processes.
· Work effectively in a cross-functional environment.
· Candidates will be responsible for ensuring program compliance by conducting research to minimize risk to the Kindle Store.
- Previous publishing experience.
- Experience working on process improvement processes like Six Sigma, Kaizen etc. is a plus
- Strong data analysis tools, using MS excel and similar software
- Strong technical and analytical aptitude, including some knowledge of statistics.
- Experience in digital media and knowledge of the publishing industry is a plus.
- Must be fluent in English in written and verbal communication
- A passion for reading.
- Maturity and ability to review explicit adult content from a clinical perspective. This includes nudity, strong language, etc.
- Ready to work in 24/7 support model
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, production-oriented environment.
- Exceptional level of organizational skills.
- Possess accountability for executing the self-publishing review to achieve operational goals.
- Willingness to challenge status quo.
- Must be able to think creatively and possess strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Experience in identifying opportunities to simplify and/or automate complex processes.
- Educational qualification of Bachelor’s Degree or Higher. (Should have completed graduation and have documentary evidence of the same like Provisional Certificate and/or Degree Certificate)
- 2+ years of work experience