Amazon Lab126 is an inventive research and development company that designs and engineers high-profile consumer electronics. Lab126 began in 2004 as a subsidiary of Amazon.com, Inc., originally creating the best-selling Kindle family of products. Since then, we have produced groundbreaking devices like Fire tablets, Fire TV and Amazon Echo. What will you help us create?
As a Desense and Antenna Engineer, you will engage with an experienced cross-disciplinary staff to conceive and design innovative consumer products. You will work closely with an internal inter-disciplinary team, and outside partners to drive key aspects of product definition, execution and test. You must be responsive, flexible and able to succeed within an open collaborative peer environment.
As part of the Connectivity Design Team, you will be responsible for wireless design and integration at Lab126. This includes the development and optimization of various wireless technologies including 802.11 (WiFi), Bluetooth and other IoT technologies.
In this role you will:
· Work within a project team and take responsibility for the WiFi, BT implementation
· Meet with vendors and technology suppliers to select components
· Characterize and debug desense and EMI issues to meet requirements
· Perform simulations for RF design and desense mitigation (3D EM and circuit level simulations)
· Define antenna concepts and requirements during product definition
· Take the product through development, compliance testing, operator testing, ramp up and sustaining
· Support radiated manufacturing test and defects in the factory
· Work with software, mechanical engineering, baseband and compliance teams
· Master's degree
· Experience with current and upcoming RF standards in WIFI, Bluetooth
· Experience solving desense/EMI on products.
· Experience with 3D EM simulations.
· Good analytical, problem solving and communication skills
· Comprehensive knowledge of the set-up and operation of complex RF test equipment required for RF and desense design validation
· Communication Theory, OFDM, MIMO, Digital/Wireless Communication Systems and RF engineering\
· Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering or related field
· 3 year of experience in RF design and desense
· Experience in 3D EM simulations and desense debug,
· Experience solving EMI/EMC issues on products.
· Experience with RF lab equipment including VNA, power meters, spectrum analyzers, vector signal generators
· Experience with RF and EM simulation software