As part of the Amazon Healthcare Global Finance Operations Services team, you will find yourself working with exceptionally talented and determined people committed to driving financial improvement, scalability, and process excellence. To support the growth of Amazon health, prescription drug and businesses beyond this candidate must possess a strong passion for accountability, setting high standards, raising the bar, and driving results through constant focus on improving existing and future state operations, systems, and processes. The ideal candidate will not only be well versed in healthcare revenue cycle – shared services functions (e.g. medical billing, collections, cash application) but also have exceptional customer obsessed skills to resolve complex dispute management and provide excellent customer service. They will be able to learn quickly and be willing to experiment with new ideas.
· Ensures payment is received, credited and recorded at contracted rates. Identifies and researches discrepancies through data analytics and root cause analysis to improve upstream processes.
· Analyzes billing and accounts receivable reports. Identifies trends, categories of aged receivables and provides feedback to stakeholders to improve results. Works with payors to identify trends and implement strategies that ultimately save cost and improve revenue lift.
· Prepares and distributes monthly reimbursement/revenue cycle reports for departments. Downloads appropriate data from system and compiles information in a user-friendly understandable manner. Reports may include target vs. actual collection rates and actual vs. target Accounts Receivable (A/R) days.
· Meets regularly with a working Revenue Cycle team to address reimbursement and data needs and recommends target areas for reimbursement improvement.
· Reviews, modifies and recommends changes to policies and procedures to improve Accounts Receivables Days.
· Analyzes workflow and operational procedures to identify opportunities for improved reimbursement, develops and implements policies and procedures with leadership to ensure all services are captured, recorded, processed and billed in an accurate and timely manner.
· Serves as project leader in the development and implementation of training manuals and materials, and QA programs.
This role will sit in our new headquarters in Northern Virginia, where Amazon will invest $2.5 billion dollars, occupy 4 million square feet of energy efficient office space, and create at least 25,000 new full-time jobs. Our employees and the neighboring community will also benefit from the associated investments from the Commonwealth including infrastructure updates, public transportation improvements, and new access to Reagan National Airport.
By working together on behalf of our customers, we are building the future one innovative product, service, and idea at a time. Are you ready to embrace the challenge? Come build the future with us.
· MBA or MHA degree
· Extensive knowledge on critical business processes, primarily Billing, Collections, Dispute and Denial Management.
· Demonstrated knowledge of and experience with third-party payer guidelines, reimbursement, follow-up, and collections.
· Ability to analyze processes and information, identify problems and trends, and develop effective solutions and strategies.
· Ability to work independently, handle multiple tasks and exhibit problem-solving skills are essential.
· Possesses an exceptional eye for detail and process improvement.
· Proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel, email, and voicemail.
· Excellent communication, interpersonal, leadership, coaching, and conflict resolution skills.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
· Bachelor’s Degree in business, finance, accounting, or healthcare administration.
· 3+ years' working within a healthcare revenue cycle position within registration, scheduling, billing, cash collection, cash application or denial management or customer services.
· Medical billing experience with an understanding of healthcare reimbursement process.
· Knowledge of system interfaces with Accounts Receivable
· Trained in HIPAA guidelines.