Woot is the original daily deals site, founded in 2004 and snatched up by Amazon in 2010. Originally, Woot offered just one product per day until we sold out. Today, we offer special daily deals and other limited-time offers across seven categories on the Woot website as well as sell on the Amazon platform.
The Computer team is looking for a talented, smart, experienced and entrepreneurial Retail Vendor Manager to help us build an exceptional, authoritative, and fun destination for customers to find deals.
We are seeking a Vendor Manager who is a passionate customer and category advocate with proven ability to negotiate complex business terms, develop and support relationships, drive results and demonstrate proficiency with business and financial analytics. You will own end-to-end merchandising elements of buying, pricing, inventory management for the Computer category. You will develop strong vendor relationships, expand vendor selection and secure new brand selection for the category by focusing on strategic holdout brands. In this role, you will be a true entrepreneur and manage all aspects of your business on a daily basis.
In addition to Vendor Management responsibilities, this person will be responsible for developing new tools for the vendor management organization and working cross functionally to provide detailed business requirements, partner with product and technology teams on testing and lead the change management of new tools. We are looking for someone who is customer obsessed and technology savvy to take our business to the next level. This role requires a high degree of ownership, ability to dive deep and root cause problems, and apply high judgment to make time-sensitive decisions. This role requires excellent communication skills to drive consensus with partners, manage multiple projects simultaneously and drive them to completion.
The successful candidate will:
· Be customer obsessed! We start with the customer and work backwards
· Exceed sales and profitability targets for assigned categories through effective vendor negotiations and management, close management of pricing and effectively managing inventory and markdowns
· Make data driven buying, pricing decisions
· Effectively prioritize workload, focusing on deal pipeline, vendor negotiation, scheduling existing inventory, building content for sales, all while exceeding financial targets on a daily basis
· Excel in a working culture where accountability, transparency, and collaboration are the norm and where rapid deep dives into data and financial performance is a standard operating practice
· Collaborate with internal and external vendors to build and achieve input-focused plans
· Drive actionable insights from large data sets and be comfortable taking swift action on a daily basis
· Demonstrate intense bias for action. In the deals business, a new deal is shown to our customers every 24 hours so every minute matters!
· Work closely with engineering, product management, and business stakeholders to manage delivery of current products concurrently with future product planning.
· Identify and resolve strategic issues that may impair your or the team’s ability to meet strategic, financial, and technical goals.
• Knowledge and/or previous experience within the Computer or the Consumer Electronics industry preferred
• Ability to think both strategically and tactically with strong attention to detail
• Proven analytical skills
• Working knowledge of SQL and/or databases
• Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects including prioritization, planning and task delegation
• Proven track record of taking ownership and driving results
• Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills, both written and verbal
• e-Commerce experience preferred
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
· Bachelor's degree in business, operations, merchandising, economics, or a related discipline
· 4+ years in buying, account management, product management, project management, financial analysis and/or marketing
· 2+ years of negotiation experience
· Thorough knowledge of and experience using Excel and/or Access databases