North America Supply Chain Operations (NASCO) is seeking an individual to join our Inbound Operations and Technology (IOT) Execution team. In this position, you will be responsible for managing programs which improve the flow of materials and information from Amazon’s suppliers into our Fulfillment Centers (FCs) to other downstream systems.
This role will be responsible for identifying opportunities and implementing initiatives to improve inventory placement and order fulfillment to our customers. This individual will play an integral part in Amazon.com's inventory management by partnering with various operations, transportation, information technology (IT), retail, and finance teams to support new business initiatives. This position provides opportunities to influence one of the high visibility/high impact areas in the organization.
Key Job Responsibilities:
- Developing and monitoring program performance to identify, address and prevent potential issues
- Addressing barriers through problem solving, communication and active coordination with stakeholders
- Working within various time constraints to meet business critical needs, often managing multiple, time-sensitive and high priority initiatives, while measuring and identifying activities performed and ensuring service requirements are met.
- Translating technical concepts and customer needs into supply chain requirements and ultimate operational execution
- Escalating problems or variance in the operating plan to the relevant owners and teams, following through to resolution
· Master's in Business Administration (MBA) or Master’s Degree in Operations, Supply Chain or Logistics
· Experience with Lean and/or Six Sigma analytical techniques
· 1+ year of experience defining SQL queries and data extraction using SQL
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
· Bachelor’s degree in Supply Chain, Transportation or Engineering or equivalent
· 3+ years of experience as a project/program manager
· 2+ years of experience with Supply Chain Management concepts i.e. forecasting, planning, optimization and logistics
· 1+ year of Microsoft Excel skills