At Amazon, we are looking for a Program Manager for our North America Logistics team.
· Work across the NA organization in a cross-functional environment with the Delivery Stations, Fulfillment Centers, Technology teams, and the Retail organizations to determine future demand, and translates this forecast information into accurate capacity plans and makes system adjustments to manage to the plan.
· Maintain and report up-to-date and accurate statistics, management reports, and analysis.
· Facilitate the flow of information between different stakeholders (Ops/Delivery Stations/Fulfillment Centers/Sort Centers) and resolve any potential issues that impact customer experience and business continuity.
· Assess simulation results and the business impact of trends.
· Configure the inputs driving shipping decisions for packages in our global transportation network.
· Define metrics to measure transportation performance and drive continuous improvement by identifying ways to streamline processes and reduce non-value added work.
· Pull and report data from numerous databases (using Excel, Access, SQL and/or other data management systems) and to perform ad hoc reporting and analysis.
· Systematically escalate problems or variance in the information and data to the relevant owners and teams and follow through on the resolutions to ensure that they are delivered.
· Scope out business and functional requirements for the Amazon technology teams who create and enhance the software systems and tools are used by Transportation and Operations.
· Communicate with external customers (Carriers, Vendors/Suppliers) and internal customers (Retail, Finance, Software Support, Fulfillment Centers).
· Problem solve and design solutions for Amazon's transportation network, support large scale transportation programs.
· Provide real-time customer experience by working in 24*7 operating environment.
· Maintain/update internal documentation for internal training and reference.
· Master’s degree
· 3+ years professional experience in transportation, network design, or e-commerce
· Ability to prepare, report, and interpret large sets of labor planning data
· Demonstrated knowledge and usage of additional software development tools and techniques.
· Significant work experience in operations/supply chain/logistics/e-commerce.
· Experience of Six Sigma/ Lean analytical techniques
· Excellent verbal and written communication
· Strong interpersonal and relationship-building skills.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
· Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience
· 3+ years supply chain, logistics management, e-commerce or project management experiee
· 3+ years of experience with Excel (Pivot Tables, VLookUps)
· 3+ years of experience in SQL
· 3+ years of experience working with process improvement techniques such as Kaizen, Lean Manufacturing, or Six Sigma