Amazon Web Services (AWS) is the leading cloud provider, providing virtual infrastructure, storage, networking, messaging, and many other services to customers all over the world. AWS runs a globally distributed environment, operating at massive levels of scale. Businesses, from start-ups to enterprises, run their operations and applications on AWS’s multi-tenant infrastructure. Governmental organizations are also looking to and depending on AWS for cloud solutions and services.
World Wide Public Sector team is looking for an exceptional Program Manager to manage work streams which is responsible for working with account teams across the Intelligence Community.
This position is based in the Washington Metro Area (WMA). You will join a cadre of Account Executives, Customer Solutions Managers, and Technical Sales Representatives in pursuing new and overseeing existing contract requirements, milestones, and deliverables. This person will be responsible for facilitating requirements and documentation between executive leadership, Account Teams, and other internal business operations support.
The role requires subject matter expertise, program management, and business development experience to incorporate technical requirements into commercial transactions and effectively structure, facilitate, and close deals, and manage tactical program activities in accordance with existing contract performance criteria. You will draw upon extensive information technology centric project management, critical thinking, and analytic problem solving skills coupled with business development and executive communication skills within the US Intelligence Communities.
· You will be tasked with developing programs to support the organization's strategic direction, as well as creating and managing long term goals.
· Align program priorities and resources to the needs of the broader Federal Government community.
· Focus on internal and external stakeholders.
· Meet regularly with Amazon internal service teams to develop effective methods for assuring timely delivery of contract commitments.
· Meet regularly with executive level stakeholders and customers to solicit and aggregate community-level requirements, translating to internal service team "demand signals".
· Develop and maintain high level work plans, risk management plans and schedules.
· Develop and execute effective methods of communication among AWS and government stakeholders.
· Lead operational and contract performance discussions with customer stakeholders through formal program performance reviews and technical planning meetings.
· Participate in long lead infrastructure expansion plans, capacity requirements, and community wide utilization forecasts. Perform data analysis of air-gapped region's utilization trends and projections. Identify actions based on data trends.
· Solicit performance feedback, identify and eliminate blockers, identify and coordinate AWS resources needed to move workload development forward.
· Meet regularly with enterprise account managers to provide status, plan and manage transfer of new opportunities from prospect to workload in progress.
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and we host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon’s culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
This position requires that the candidate selected be a US Citizen and obtain and maintain an active TS/SCI security clearance.
· Performed work in a leadership role to include overseeing/leading the implementing project schedules, work breakdown structures, project management plans, performance management plans, operations management plans and methods for measuring team performance in the completion of contractually
· Demonstrable ability to present technical and programmatic briefings to senior Government officials.
· Effective organizational, communication and interpersonal skills.
· Highly motivated, organized individual who is able to work effectively with minimal supervision.
· Meets/exceeds Amazon’s leadership principles requirements for this role.
· Meets/exceeds Amazon’s functional/technical depth and complexity.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
· 5+ years supporting deliverables.
· 5+ years’ experience using Microsoft Word and Excel to produce project documentation, schedules, briefings and deliverables.
· 3+ years planning and organizing meetings, events, activities, and calendars.
· 3+ years experience providing support to senior executives.
· Current, active US Government Security Clearance at the TS/SCI level.