Amazon Lab126 is an inventive research and development company that designs and engineers high-profile consumer electronics. Lab126 began in 2004 as a subsidiary of Amazon.com, Inc., originally creating the best-selling Kindle family of products. Since then, we have produced groundbreaking devices like Fire tablets, Fire TV and Amazon Echo.
What will you help us create?
Do you thrive in building technology products from scratch? We are looking for a highly skilled and motivated Product Manager – Technical to lead our multi-year effort to build the next generation of supply chain management systems. You will own designing, implementing and validating supply chain products that drive efficiencies and provide scaling to internal teams and external partners. In collaboration with cross-functional business and engineering teams, you will be required to dive deep business requirements and translate these requirements into user stories. You will support creating workable technical solutions for unique problems. In this fast-paced environment, you should be comfortable working in ambiguous situations with minimal supervision while contributing to innovative solutions that demonstrate technical competence and business acumen. As a leader, you will make daily trade-off decisions between cost, schedule, and technical solutions. You will need to be analytical and data driven from design to release by validating customer requirements as well as measuring the product success. As the Product Manager for an external facing supply chain system, you will work with cross-disciplinary teams solving complex problems for internal and external partners. Superior communication skills verbally and in writing are a must have, inclusive being comfortable presenting to new and existing customers.
In this role, you will work closely with senior leaders, business teams, software engineers, and product teams across Amazon to drive large cross-org innovations and product delivery activities.
• 3+ years of overall experience with 3+ years of product management experience in the software industry.
• Work experience in supply chain technology products (transportation management system)
• Good understanding of software development and a track record of shipping software on time.
As a Product Manager - Technical, you will engage with an experienced cross-disciplinary staff to design, implement and measure innovative supply chain products. In this role, you will:
• Clearly communicate goals, requirements, and desired outcomes to cross-functional project teams and leadership.
• Define, design, and deliver software applications while coming up with business solutions, using a combination of legacy processes and new products.
• Collaborate with multiple internal and external business teams to develop product requirements and overall product roadmap, while also driving the implementation and delivery of products.
• Develop detailed business requirements and user stories for creation of product specifications and architecture for each product and application.
• Collaborate with multiple agile engineering and design teams to coordinate, prioritize and deliver to an ambitious roadmap.
• Manage stakeholder expectation and timelines while making trade-off decision between cost, schedule, and technical solutions.
• Use analytical and quantitative skills with the ability to extract data and build metrics to back up assumptions, evaluate outcomes and challenge legacy requirements.
• Support and enhance existing products with thoughtful and measurable impact.