Are you looking for a high impact product management role that will significantly lift Amazon’s profitability? Does driving hundreds of millions of dollars in additional profits interest you? Are you comfortable presenting your ideas to Amazon’s senior leaders? If yes, then we want to talk with you.
Every year Amazon receives billions of dollars from vendors to offset our costs, but we leave hundreds of millions uncollected due to improperly set up vendor funding agreements. As Sr. Product Manager – Technical in Selling Partner Finance organization, you will own our strategy for automating and building accounting and tax solutions for Selling Partners. You will work with a co-located team of Product Managers, Software Engineers, and Finance Analysts to develop a new vision for onboarding new programs, marketplaces, and businesses through self-service and automation, develop roadmap to accomplish the vision, and drive towards our goal of Accounting manual journal entry reductions. You will use your superior communication skills to present and defend your ideas with senior executives such as VPs and Directors.
Key leadership principles for being successful in this role:
· Customer Obsession and Dive Deep: You will work with vendor managers and finance analysts to deeply understand their needs for vendor funding.
· Invent and Simplify: Your stakeholders span multiple Amazon retail teams and the problems you will solve have significant level of ambiguity. You will deliver results by finding ways to simplify problems and exercising excellent business judgement.
· Think Big: You set a bold direction for how all things Selling Partner Accounting and tax, and our technical systems should function in the future.
· MBA or Master’s degree in Engineering, Management, or Technology preferred
· 2+ years of product management experience
· Prior experience managing technical products or online services
· Entrepreneurial spirit, with track record for delivering results in fast-moving and demanding environments
· Strong critical thinking skills with ability to challenge normal operations
· History of developing business strategy in conjunction with senior leadership
· Bachelor’s Degree in Science, Technology, Engineering or related fields
· 3+ years of product development, consulting or related experience
· An innovative thinker who also has a strong customer and quality focus
· Ability to cut through ambiguity and drive simplification
· Excellent written and oral communication skills with proven problem solving skills