Amazon JP is looking for a strategic, data-oriented, and technology-minded leader who will develop strategies to deliver the next wave of selection expansion on Amazon Retail. This role will identify new opportunities working with local business and global tech teams (SCOT, Selection & Catalog systems, Int Consumer Tech) to create selection and inventory strategies with supporting roadmap and build solutions that automate and scale our customer selection. The role will improve the Amazon customer experience through larger selection offering, improved product availability, and faster fulfillment speeds to enhance business performance. You will own critical business metrics, create and land new products, and lead cross-functional teams working towards a single vision. The role operates as the single threaded leader (STL) for selection and is highly visible with leadership both locally and in other region around the world (US/EU). You will own all elements of planning, product development and execution and provide regular updates to C-Suite executives on progress.
The position, which sits in the Amazon Tokyo office, is a highly visible role that requires interaction and critical partnership with senior leaders of business and technical teams in Japan and globally. The right candidate thrives dealing with complex data to derive insights and can propose effective product-based solutions working backwards from the customer.
The successful candidate will be an inspiring leader who is analytical and data-driven, can communicate clearly and who understands how to build scale working with multiple stakeholders. The role requires innovative thinking balanced with a strong customer obsession. With the business growing rapidly, you will not have the luxury of having tunnel-vision for any one area; rather, you will need to exhibit excellent judgment on how to prioritize between different levers.
· Define long-term vision, develop business case, and drive global leadership alignment
· Work backward from customers understand the needs and pain points , and translate them into product roadmap, requirements and execution plans
· Define opportunities to automate, standardize, and scale
· Develop business and product requirements, prioritize needs, and manage milestones and overall roadmap to improve business performance.
· Work cross-functionally with engineering, design, operations, and business teams across Amazon to deliver high-quality and scalable solutions
· Own and drive improvement on selection metrics through product development, analytics, and business parameter optimization.
· Continuously test and learn, leveraging data to drive decision-making
· Participate in internal business performance reviews and JP business reviews to understand performance gap, develop action plans, and drive the execution of actions
· MBA from a leading business school
· Experience and passion for transformative user experiences
· Experience delivering consumer software and hardware products and services in a high growth environment
· Demonstrated ability to understand and discuss technical concepts and manage tradeoffs
· History of teamwork and willingness to roll up one’s sleeves to get the job done
· A bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Economics, Engineering
· 10 years mid-to-senior product and project manager experience either in Telecoms/Tech/Retail/Leisure/subscription based service.
· 4 years working with ML models and data visualization tools.
· 3 years’ experience working on change management, people transformation, learning & development/training projects.
· Proven ability to work back from a problem statement, analyse the solutions available, conceive new ones and design a step by step execution plan to build the solution and continuously improve.
· Skilled at using data and metrics to back up assumptions, evaluate outcomes and challenge conventional wisdom.