Amazon Lab126 is an inventive research and development company that designs and engineers high-profile consumer electronics. Lab126 began in 2004 as a subsidiary of Amazon.com, Inc., originally creating the best-selling Kindle family of products. Since then, we have produced groundbreaking devices like Fire tablets, Fire TV, Amazon Echo and Amazon Show. The Amazon Devices group delivers delightfully unique Amazon experiences, giving customers instant access to everything, digital or physical.
As a Principal Product Manager in Amazon's Devices group, you will help define and build products, features, and platforms that deeply integrate hardware, software, and services. In this role, you will help create and drive the strategy, vision, and roadmap for Machine Learning and Computer Vision solutions, with a high degree of ownership over critical features and the customer experience.
This role is inherently cross-functional - you will work closely with science, engineering, design, operations, finance, and executive teams to bring features and products to market, and grow business opportunities.
A successful candidate will be highly analytical, able to work extremely effectively in a matrix organization, and adept at synthesizing a variety of machine learning technologies and capabilities into products and applications that customers love. We are looking for someone customer obsessed and technology savvy - with a passion for consumer devices and software.
· Experience in product management with advanced and/or emerging technologies like machine learning
· Superior verbal and written communications skills
· Proven track record of taking ownership and successfully delivering results in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
· Proven ability to manage multiple, competing priorities simultaneously
· Passion for delivering exceptional customer experiences; proven ability to provide the voice of the customer
· Experience using rapid prototyping and other creative mechanisms to gather direct customer feedback early in the product development process
· Proven analytical and quantitative skills; ability to use hard data and metrics to back up assumptions and develop project business cases
· A keen, flexible and aggressive intellect with superb conceptual thinking, analytical and problem-solving skills
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us//
· MBA and/or advanced degree in a technical discipline
· 7+ years of relevant work experience in Product Management for consumer electronics/software/wireless/Internet technologies
· Experience launching consumer products generating annual income >$40MM per year
· Experience managing products through entire life cycle of the product
· Experience leading cross-functional teams to deliver products and projects on deadlines