Are you an innovative leader that wants to design the next generation of world-class fulfillment centers and logistics systems across the globe? Do you want a high level of ownership in solving complex problems? Does the challenge of designing and implementing ground breaking solutions for automated material handling equipment, packaging technologies, and systems including robotics and high speed manufacturing appeal to you? If you’re looking to be challenged in a fast paced and often ambiguous environment, you have strong technical problem solving ability, and excellent project management skills then this job is for you!
In this role you will:
· Design, build, and improve order fulfillment infrastructure throughout the large-scale supply chain network
· Own the design of physical fulfillment and logistics systems around the globe, to develop optimal solutions for the fulfillment and transportation network through site layout, equipment specification, material flow, process design, and intellectual property considerations.
· Innovate with complex automated material handling equipment, packaging technologies, and systems including robotics and mechatronics across 100+ new fulfillment and logistics centers that are being built each year.
· Provide technical leadership for large-scale industrial engineering projects using MS Excel, AutoCAD, and MS Projects.
· Work with complex MHE and packaging lines and process design based on Lean Manufacturing.
· Lead and coordinate design efforts between internal teams and outside vendors to develop optimal solutions for the network, including equipment specification, material flow, process design, and site layout.
· Manage capital projects; create conceptual drawings, equipment specifications and bid documentation to facilitate a competitive bid environment.
· Monitor and enforce project schedules and quality with vendors or subcontractors.
· Inspect facilities in accordance with corporate standards and procedures relating to material handling, processing and storage.
· Provide leadership and coordination between internal departments and vendors for multiple sites.
· Develop and manage budget and contract documents including RFPs, change order controls, purchase orders, and invoicing
· Coordinate with local site management to ensure proper operator training, procedural compliance, maintenance and safety practices are followed for new and existing equipment.
· Manage multiple projects and tasks simultaneously and effectively influence, negotiate, and communicate with internal and external business partners, contractors and vendors.Facilitate process improvement initiatives among site operations, engineering, and corporate systems groups.
· Master’s degree in Engineering (any discipline) or foreign equivalent, Operations, Business Administration, or a related field and at least five years of progressively responsible experience in the specialty.
· Experience with complex automated material handling equipment, packaging technologies, and systems including robotics and high-speed manufacturing.
· Experience with process design based on Lean Principles.
· Capital project management skills.
· Proficiency using business/technical software like MS Excel, MS Project, and CAD software.
· Proficiency with concepts like system architecture, optimization, system dynamics, system analysis, statistical analysis, reliability analysis, and decision making.
· Design-in-Safety experience
· Ability to travel up to 30% of time to installation sites throughout the United States
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
· Bachelor’s degree in Engineering (any discipline) or foreign equivalent, OR a related field OR 2+ years Amazon experience.
· 10+ years of experience in the job offered or related occupation of Industrial Engineer, Process Engineer, Manufacturing Engineer, or related
· Experience must involve technical leadership for large-scale engineering projects
· Experience with complex MHE and packaging lines or process design based on Lean Manufacturing or Toyota Manufacturing System
· Experience using MS Excel, and MS Project, and CAD software