Are you a technical leader who has architected, implemented and successfully launched significant services and ? Would you like to work with our customers to help them architect, develop and re-engineer applications to fully leverage the ?
Do you like to work on a variety of cutting edge, business-critical projects at the forefront of development and technology adoption?
In order for applications to be fully optimized, they need to be architected to take advantage of the global scale, elasticity, automation and high availability features of the . On the platform, services such as API Gateway, , ECS, SQS, Kinesis, AI and others provide opportunities to design and build -ready applications.
is looking for talented hands-on technical architects and developers to help accelerate our growing Professional Services business. This is an excellent opportunity to join Amazon’s world-class technical teams, working with some of the best and brightest engineers while also developing your skills at one of the most innovative and progressive technology companies. Here in Professional Services, we engage in a wide variety of business-critical, high-profile projects for customers and partners and help them better leverage the ever-evolving platform.
Our team collaborates across the entire organization to bring access to product and service teams, to get the right solution delivered and drive feature innovation based upon customer needs.
As a Architect, you’ll be expected to:
· Serve as a technical lead on our most demanding, cross-functional customer projects.
· Ensure the quality of architecture and design of systems.
· Contribute intellectual property through patent generation.
· Functionally decompose complex problems into simple, straight-forward solutions.
· Fully and completely understand system inter-dependencies and limitations.
· Possess expert knowledge in performance, scalability, enterprise system architecture, and engineering best practices.
· Assist in the career development of other. Actively mentor individuals and the Amazon developer community on advanced technical issues and help managers guide the career growth of their team members.
· Exert technical influence over multiple teams, increasing their productivity and effectiveness by sharing your deep knowledge and experience.
· Lead technical and design discussions with IT executives to help enterprises speed their adoption of new technologies and practices.
· Architect and build highly scalable, -native applications on the platform using core developer services like API Gateway, , SQS, DynamoDB and ECS.
· Leverage new technology paradigms (e.g., , containers, microservices).
· Migrate monolithic applications to micro services architectures.
· Advise on implementing best practices.
· Influence architecture by sharing your development expertise.
· Represent the voice for developers internally and influence our Professional Services offerings and product strategy for developers by working with platform engineering, Business Development and other cross-functional teams.
Our Consultants work with enterprise customers locally, regionally and potentially domestically. As such, Consultants will be required to travel to client locations to sell and deliver professional services as needed.