Description de l'offre
Operations Supervisor, Nights (m/f)
We are Amazon; we pioneer.
Since opening our virtual doors in 1995, we’ve been pushing the boundaries of possible further and further.
Our entire business works hard to delight our customers – from the second an order is placed online to the seamless coordination of that order behind the scenes, we strive to stay agile, fluid and intentional. That can be described in one of our core Leadership Principles, which is Bias for Action. This means that our teams band together, roll up their sleeves, and aren’t content with just standing still. We’re aiming to become the most customer-centric company on Earth.
That’s why we’re seeking an experienced, motivated Operations Supervisor to join our busy Fulfillment & Operations department.
Thinking Big (one of our Leadership Principles) means looking beyond the immediate and considering the bigger picture. In this particular role, it also means developing a strong culture of Health and Safety, always adhering to Amazon’s Standard Operating Procedures.
Furthermore, as Operations Supervisor, you’ll strive to plan beyond your own needs, ensuring the sufficient resourcing of your function. This will include identifying training needs, staying on top of absence & performance management, as well as coaching and continuous monitoring of your department to engender a greater culture of productivity.
Additionally, you will need to constructively critique your department as a whole: making you responsible for tracking, trending and reporting on departmental metrics and liaising with other departments to share learnings. This comes under the high-level remit of achieving greater efficiency: we hold Kaizen methodologies dear at Amazon, and you will too.
From a leadership perspective, the Operations Supervisor role is also responsible for briefing the wider team, along with reviewing and updating metrics as required. There are more general accountabilities which include, but are not limited to: tracking and reporting working hours and schedules, as well as reassigning shifts to support a constantly changing night shift workload.
· GCSE Maths & English, grade C or above (or equivalent qualifications),
· You will be dedicated to, and take personal responsibility for, meeting and exceeding ambitious production goals,
· Demonstrable problem solving and analytical skills,
· Be Customer Obsessed; always mindful of our key objective to provide exceptional service to our customers.
· An excellent verbal and written communicator, you’re able to handle multiple, occasionally conflicting tasks in a fast-paced environment,
· Ready to Learn and Be Curious: you’re willing to train and learn new skills,
· You are a strong People Manager, able to Earn Trust. You will possess experience in coaching and mentoring others to succeed, as well managing performance and employee engagement levels
· You Deliver Results, are able to handle both long and short-term multiple tasks, and demonstrate Bias for Action while working in a fast paced, occasionally ambiguous environment with conflicting priorities and requests,
· You demonstrate keen attention to detail, initiative and proactivity, and Insist upon the Highest Standards at all times. Comfortable challenging the status quo, you are always looking for ways to continuously improve and optimise processes.
· You’re flexible – willing and able to work flexible schedules/shifts outside of your regular shift pattern, including nights and weekends, to support the needs of our Customers. No task is too small or menial – you roll up your sleeves to get the job done.