Operations Supervisor - 6-month fixed term contract
You should be able to motivate a team of individuals to meet targets and productivity expectations in line with company goals. You should be prepared to take responsibility for tracking the attendance and work flow of that team and work alongside the Area Manager (AM) to highlight and rectify issues as they arise.
Tasks and Responsibilities:
· Help support daily management of department duties
· Assign work to associates as required/needed to support workflow and daily production KPIs/goals
· Conduct the daily team brief to all associates
· Support Operations Manager and Area Manager in training and upskilling new associates
· Support the Area Manager with tracking, trending and reporting of departmental metrics by associates (intent is the sharing of information)
· Support the Area Manager in analyzing and understanding the reasons behind success and failure in meeting departmental delivery and Site KPIs/goals
· Tracking, reporting, maintenance of hours and schedules
· Review and update Standard Operating Procedure (SOP) documents as required
· Follow up and solve process-related area issues as required
· Improve flow of product through Site
· Identify and address safety hazards within the work environment
· Enthusiastically participate in safety initiatives
· Fully understand workflow, daily production goals, and number of Associates present each day. Be accountable for knowing their location at all times.
· Step into the direct associate work as required and take over preparation tasks which make the associates life easier (e.g. prepare equipment readiness, move pallets etc.)
· Key holder and responsible for opening/closing the site (depending on work schedule).