The Operations Manager has complete responsibility for inbound operations or a functional process responsibility within the fulfillment center on a specified shift or across multiple shifts.
• Lead and supervise a team of Area Managers (2-4 front-line supervisors depending on shift and activity levels) and 100-300 hourly associates for inbound operations within the Fulfillment Center.
• Responsible for the overall safety, quality and performance and customer experience of the shift.
• Carry out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and procedures.
• Accountability for meeting and exceeding operational goals.
• Strategic planning and forecasting; appraise performance; reward and discipline employees; resolve problems; and address staffing needs.
• Mentor, train and develop teammates for career progression and learning
• Ability to develop and share best practices across the shifts and network.
This position requires a candidate with the proven ability to drive process improvements and the ability to keep pace with our explosive growth while motivating others to meet the challenges of an extremely deadline-driven environment.
Additional Job Elements:
• Walking in the FC and around area with great frequency; facilities are over a quarter mile in length
• Continual standing and/or walking an average of 5 miles daily
• Ability to work in construction /distribution environments that may be noisy, unlit, unheated, not air-conditioned
• Able to access all areas of building (ascending and descending ladders, stairs, gangways safely and without limitation)