Description de l'offre
At Amazon, we're working to be the most customer-centric company on earth. To get there, we need exceptionally talented, bright, and driven people. Amazon is looking for an individual to join Amazon’s Energy & Environment team, positioned within the Worldwide Sustainability organization, to manage on-site renewable energy projects in Europe.
The candidate main focus will be to manage the existing solar Assets and Power Purchase Agreements that Amazon has already executed in Europe, and to participate in the development of new projects. This will require technical, project management, and analytical aptitude, to work with technical and non-technical stakeholders to develop, implement, and asset-manage various energy projects.
The candidate will have a strong commercial understanding of distributed solar projects, and a general pre-disposition to learn and deep dive in technical areas. The candidate will have significant experience working with multiple projects involving many stakeholders, negotiating contracts and managing third parties through project execution and the live of assets after construction.
The candidate will analyze financial and regulatory opportunities to execute projects, identify suitable facilities, identify vendors and prepare tender process, negotiate contracts (most typically Power Purchase Agreements – PPA), establish a plan with our landlords, construction, and facilities teams, develop the business model and manage the approval process. Once the projects are awarded, the candidate will support the projects execution through technical site managers. Finally, after completion, the candidate will keep track of the projects, manage contracts and perform asset management duties.
The role requires excellent organization and project management skills, broad knowledge of technical, commercial, and legal aspects necessary to execute solar projects, and excellent communication skills to manage a large number of internal and external stakeholders.
The position will be based in any of Amazon’s main offices in Europe, with frequent travels to facilities across Europe.
Function-Specific Work Activities:
· Manage contracts after execution, perform regular performance analysis of the projects
· Support the development and execution of a comprehensive renewable energy strategy
· Work with diverse stakeholders to develop, coordinate, and implement on-site renewable projects
· Manage projects against plans and objectives to ensure commitments are met, delivering against cost savings goals
· Analyze trends and regulations in the energy space to proactively identify opportunities to reduce cost, minimize risk and leverage opportunities that benefit Amazon
· Review energy markets to identify cost savings opportunities for new and existing Amazon locations
· Use analytical tools to evaluate the performance of, and make recommendations for, energy systems and equipment
· Prepare written analysis of findings and recommendations for various energy-related solutions
· Build relationships with external suppliers and partners, and with internal stakeholders
· Establish a base of qualified vendors, negotiate agreements and run tender process for identified projects
· Manage technical and commercial standards and project-specific documents
· Bachelor’s degree required (BA/BS) - Economics/Engineering/Business
· 5+ years of experience in the solar industry, with at least 3 years of experience managing projects
· Working knowledge of European energy markets, utilities, regulatory environments
· Strong experience and proficiency in distributed solar energy
· Strong Project Management Experience (PMP certification would be a plus)
· Ability to interpret, analyze, and help build project financial models
· Basic knowledge of data collection and analysis methods
· Exceptional verbal and written communication skills in English
· Be a passionate self-starter