We are hiring machine learning infrastructure engineers to work on new initiatives for physical store technologies! Innovation is part of our DNA! Our goal is to be Earth’s most customer centric company and we are just getting started. We need people who want to join an ambitious program that continues to push the state of the art in computer vision, machine learning and algorithms.
As a Machine Learning Research SW Engineer, you will help solve a variety of technical challenges and mentor other engineers. You will play an active role in building research infrastructures and pipelines for real-time machine learning and computer vision applications, and build quick prototypes or proofs of concept in partnership with other technology leaders within the team. You will help invent new features, design, develop and deploy reliable distributed services. You will work with a variety of core languages and technologies.
You will tackle challenging situations every day and you’ll have the opportunity to work with multiple technical teams at Amazon. You should be comfortable with a degree of ambiguity that’s higher than most projects and relish the idea of solving problems. Along the way, we guarantee that you’ll learn a ton, have fun and make a positive impact on many customers
· Deep understanding and 3+ years experience in designing and production of real-time machine learning/computer vision pipeline and infrastructure
· Proficient in C++
· Familiarity with computer vision and deep learning software and packages
· Experience with AWS cloud services
· Experience with Linux and real-time software development
· Comfortable working in a cross-functional team and learning about new technologies
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
· BS or MS in Computer Science or related technical field
· 3+ years of non-internship professional software development experience for real-time machine learning/computer vision pipeline and infrastructure
· Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
· 2+ years of experience contributing to the creation (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current large-scale machine learning/computer vision pipeline and systems