Do you want to transform the way people enjoy video, music, and books? Come join the team that made Prime Music, Spotify, Pandora, Live Radio, Audible books, Kindle books, Podcasts, and more available to Alexa customers.
We are seeking a Language Data Researcher to join our team as a leader and domain expert. This role focuses on expanding analysis and evaluation of speech and interaction data deliverables. The Language Data Researcher will become an expert in dialog evaluation processes, and will be asked to handle unique data analysis requests that support and inform the work of a cross-functional team of scientists and engineers.
To be successful in this role, you must have a passion for data, efficiency, and accuracy. Specifically, you will:
· Own data analyses for a domain of customer-facing features, including launch go/no-go metrics for new features and accuracy metrics for existing features.
· Handle unique data analysis requests from a range of stakeholders, including quantitative and qualitative analyses to elevate customer experience with speech interfaces
· Lead and evaluate changing dialog evaluation conventions, test tooling developments, and pilot processes to support expansion to new data areas
· Continuously evaluate workflow tools and processes and offer solutions to ensure they are efficient, high quality, and scalable.
· PhD in a related field, such as Data Analytics, BI, Linguistics, Human-Computer Interaction, Psycholinguistics, or Cognitive Science.
· Strong technical and analytical aptitude.
· Proficiency in scripting, querying and/or analytics tools, such as SQL, Python, Tableau, R, or similar.
· Experience in statistical analysis/statistical modeling.
· Practical knowledge of data processing needs and trade-offs.
· Experience working with speech and/or language data.
· Fluency in a foreign language
· Comfortable handling a high volume of work on a daily basis.
· Comfortable working in a fast paced, highly collaborative, dynamic work environment.
· Willingness to support several projects at one time, and to accept reprioritization as necessary.
· Strong attention to detail.
· Exceptional level of organization.
· Experience taking a lead role on large, fast-moving projects.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Minority / Women / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation / Age
· Master’s degree in a related field, such as Data Analytics, BI, Linguistics, Human-Computer Interaction, Psycholinguistics, or Cognitive Science.
· 3+ years experience working with quantitative data analysis.
· Experience with language annotation and other forms of data markup.
· Experience with process design and documentation.
· Experience communicating research findings and analysis in both written and spoken channels.