Junior Data Analyst
We are hiring for several shifts: Monday to Friday morning and Monday to Friday afternoon.
Are you passionate about leveraging data to deliver actionable insight that impacts daily business decision of Amazon in a promising new market segment?
Does the prospect of dealing with massive volume of data excite you?
Amazon is seeking a Transportation Performance Analyst to join Amazon's European Special Handling (EU SH) team. EU SH team is responsible for the end-to-end Heavy/Bulky journey in the fulfilment, supply chain and transportation daily business and its strategic vision in Europe.
Amazon has culture of data-driven decision-making, and demands business intelligence that is timely, accurate, and actionable. During our day to day operations, tons of data is generated which is leveraged to take our important business decisions.
Our ideal candidate thrives in a fast-paced environment, relishes working with large transactional volumes and big data, enjoys the challenge of highly complex business contexts (that are typically being defined in real-time), and, above all else, is passionate about data and analytics.
As an Analyst you will be developing SQL/ETL queries, accessing data warehouse and redshift clusters, creating automated reports through macros, creating relevant KPIs and metrics for performance of team as well as for transportation operations. Publish daily/weekly performance reports. You will give us business insights based upon data to further improve our operations and processes.
A successful candidate knows and loves working with business intelligence tools, is comfortable accessing and working with big data from multiple sources, and passionately partners with the business to identify strategic opportunities and deliver results.
You should have an internal drive to answer “why?” questions, excellent analytical abilities and strong technical skills.
- Create metrics, performance dashboards and reports
- Drive root cause analysis
- Engage with cross-functional teams and/or carriers/vendors for implementation of project/program requirements
- Managing multiple projects/initiatives
- Communication at all levels with the ability to present information professionally & concisely with supporting data
- Experience in business process improvement, Lean/Six Sigma
- Proven independent decision making skills in an often times ambiguous environment.
- Ability to think quantitatively and qualitatively about operating processes and outcomes
- Previous experience within transportation or logistics.
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success.
We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build. Protecting your privacy and the security of your data is a longstanding top priority for Amazon. Please consult our Privacy Notice to know more about how we collect, use and transfer the personal data of our candidates
- VBA, SQL or other coding experience to support automation initiatives
- Working experience with data visualization tools such as Tableau, Power BI or Quicksight.