Amazon is a company of builders. A philosophy of ownership carries through everything we do — from the proprietary technologies we create to the new businesses we launch and grow. You will find it in every team across our company; from providing Earth's biggest selection of products to developing groundbreaking software and devices that change entire industries, Amazon embraces invention and progressive thinking. Amazon is continually evolving; it is a place where motivated employees thrive, and ownership and accountability lead to meaningful results. It is as simple as this: we pioneer.
With every order made and parcel delivered, customer demand at Amazon is growing. And to meet this demand, and keep our world-class service running smoothly, we're growing our Operations team across Europe. Delivering hundreds of thousands of products to hundreds of countries worldwide, our Operations teams possess a wide range of skills and experience and this includes business analysts in all functions.
About these internships (6 months):
Whatever your background, if you would like to help improve the selection and shopping experience for customers across our product categories and further improve your interpersonal skills by collaborating with multiple internal and external stakeholders in a fast-pace environment, Amazon is a great place to be. Because it is only by coming up with new ideas and challenging the status quo that we can continue to be the most customer-centric company on Earth, we are all about flexibility: we expect you to adapt quickly to all the changes around you, and we encourage you to try new things.
Amazon is looking for ambitious and enthusiastic students to join our unique world as interns. An Amazon EU internship will provide you with an unforgettable experience in a fast-paced, dynamic and international environment; it will boost your resume and will provide a superb introduction to our activities.
As Junior Business Development intern, you will join the Retail Vendor Recruitment team, our Sales/Commercial team in charge of new selection in Amazon. As part of the retail organization, based in Madrid, the new intern will support vendor recruitment team and be in charge of deploying innovative and alternative routes to onboard vendors at scale.
What to expect:
As a full-time intern, you will go through a welcome induction and learn about Amazon's dynamic environment with fellow interns. You will drive your own learning and development with guidance and coaching from your tutor, buddy and colleagues. Not to mention the excellent long-term development prospects you would expect from one of the world's leading online businesses.
English is the working business language; consequently, we welcome applications in English.
What is the role?
Your objectives will be to build the best possible selection for our customers with the development of partnerships with new vendors. Your job will consist of prospecting, assessing, recruiting and integrating vendors for Amazon marketplaces. In your day-to-day job, you will be faced with numerous challenges such as:
· Identify, prospect and reach out to new vendors, analyze their potential for Amazon. You will lead first steps, by cold-calling potential partners or attending commercial events and trade fairs, and confidently explaining advantages and benefits of partnering with Amazon
· Be a business consultant to new vendors and provide insights and advice for them, being able to deal with different business profiles and sectors. Help new vendors to integrate their catalogue data into Amazon platform, master Amazon's internal tools and train vendors on how to use these tools.
· Plan, conduct, deliver and report analyses to understand the performance of recruited vendors
· Help to develop and improve recruiting and on-boarding processes, assist in removing any technical blockers and identifying technical improvement areas.
Internships starting date: from September, 2019.
Interested in what is about working at Amazon? Take a look here: https://youtu.be/4LV8-5U5EDQ
Passionate about on-line business, e-commerce and sales.
· Obtained (no more than 12 months ago) or be working towards your degree.
· Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to handle objections and negotiate.
· People who are self-motivated, flexible and place the customer at the center of everything they do.
· Fluent in English and Spanish is a must
· Fluency in Microsoft Excel.