Amazon’s Australia Retail team, located in Sydney, is looking for a highly driven Junior Business Development Manager. The Retail Business Development Manager will be chartered with developing and managing a strong opportunity pipeline at scale, a mix of both high value brand opportunities while executing program strategies to secure deals that will exceed aggressive account acquisition and target goals. If you’re inspired by a new challenge and the thought of contributing to a new business in a significant way this is the position for you.
In this role, you will be operating in a fast-moving and often ambiguous environment and will have full responsibility for achieving business objectives. Specifically the individual will be responsible for identifying and building relationships with key influencers and decision makers within the executive teams of prospective vendors/suppliers along with internal stakeholders and cross functional teams to create and present compelling Amazon solutions that meet and exceed the vendor expectations of a direct relationship with Amazon Retail.
You will also be encouraged to identify ways to automate and simplify manual processes in order to improve productivity. You will ensure that your team identifies, engages and integrates a portfolio of new vendors to Amazon, as well as analysing complex data to identify growth opportunities to help the team succeed.
· Identify, prospect, and recruit new suppliers to Amazon.com.au by calling, emailing or attending commercial events to explain the benefits of a Retail relationship with Amazon
· Be a business consultant to new vendors providing insights and advice, with the ability to interact with different business profiles and sectors
· Help new vendors master Amazon’s tools and systems so that they can be self-sufficient and integrate their products to Amazon’s platform efficiently
· Improve business processes and make us more effective in supporting vendors
· Demonstrated track record of success in a sales role or cold calling
· Experience in data analysis, either professional experience or through your education
· Willingness to learn and develop new skills on the job
· Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Engineering, Business, or Management
· Proficient in Microsoft Excel
· Passionate about online business, e-commerce and sales
· Target driven and results orientated