Compliance Tech Team supports Amazon’s mission of offering the widest selection of products available, while protecting customers from recalled or unsafe products. We develop a suite of systems (manual, supervised, and fully automated) that enable product classification according to various taxonomies. These include systems that:
(1) orchestrate and automate operational workflows,
(2) perform data extraction from documents (such as technical specifications) and images (such as product labels) associated with the products, making use of the latest NLP advances,
(3) perform standard symbol identification in documents and natural scenes,
(4) make classification recommendations and surface potential risks
In building these systems we leverage a mix of in-house and public AWS technologies such as Lambda, Fargate, Step Functions, SageMaker, Textract, Comprehend, Translate, Rekognition and DeepLens.
This is an exciting opportunity to gain valuable experience in regulatory compliance with a vibrant and fast-growing company!
We are looking for Software Development Engineers with strong analytical and problem solving skills, who will participate in the full development cycle from design and implementation to documentation and maintenance. The successful candidate will have an entrepreneurial spirit and be passionate about developing reliable, efficient, and maintainable data analysis solutions that provide users with robust information solutions.
· Participate in the design, development, implementation, testing and documentation of large-scale distributed software applications, tools, systems and services;
· Translate functional requirements into robust, scalable, supportable solutions that work well within the overall system architecture;
· Participate in the full development cycle, end-to-end, from design, implementation, and testing to documentation, delivery and maintenance;
· Produce comprehensive, usable software documentation;
· Evaluate and make decisions around the use of new or existing software products and tools.
· Web development expertise;
· Expertise with AWS;
· Comfortable working in a fast paced, highly collaborative, dynamic work environment.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation/Age
· Object-oriented design and coding skills (data structures, algorithms, databases relational and NoSQL)
· Knowledge of networking protocols;
· Good understanding of software architecture and design issues;
· Advanced level of written and spoken English.