Amazon Studios is the original film and television development and production arm of Amazon.com. Our projects include award winning television series TRANSPARENT and THE MARVELOUS MRS. MAISEL and films include MANCHESTER BY THE SEA and THE BIG SICK.
This position will support the Production Finance team across EU of our fast growing film and television studio production business. This is an exciting opportunity to join the team at an early, high growth stage and have ownership of production finance and payable functions.
The role requires a self-starter, who is able to work effectively cross-functionally with other teams including Creative, Development, Production, Legal and Business Affairs, Finance and Accounting.
Serve as main point of contact between multiple original movie productions and Amazon Studios production finance team.
· Onboard finance teams at local producers during development/pre-production to ensure that they adhere to Amazon Studios Production Finance Guidelines and systems.
· Assist in the preparation of the cash flow and funding schedules for assigned projects.
· Work with Amazon Studios Production Finance Executives and project accountants on a day to day basis to drive accurate, complete and timely cost reporting, protecting and managing show assets and supporting production.
· Review production budgets, cost reports, trial balances and petty cash reconciliations prepared by show accountants.
· Collaborate with Line Producers, Production Managers, Production Accounting Staff and the Amazon Production team to prepare all financial reports and ensure proper reconciliation of accounts.
· Assist Amazon Studios Production Finance Execs in territory in consolidating, analysing and reporting internally all cost reporting data for local originals projects.
· Leverage metrics to identify areas of improvement, including process and technology based changes aligning with Amazon Studios EU production finance practices.
This position is located in London (UK) but could consider relocation to Madrid, Milan, Munich or Paris.
· Good handling of technology, knowledge of MS Excel and data management and reporting.
· Knowledge of various production accounting software: PMI, Vista, PSL, Greenslate or other production accounting software.
· Excellent communication and presentation skills, both verbal and written.
· Very detail-oriented and meticulous in the follow through of documentation, processes and procedures.
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build. Protecting your privacy and the security of your data is a longstanding top priority for Amazon. Please consult our Privacy Notice to know more about how we collect, use and transfer the personal data of our candidates.
· Accounting, finance, or quantitative undergraduate degree
· First years working experience minimum as production accounting assistant in TV/Film projects
· Second European language (French, German, Italian, Swedish, Dutch or Spanish)