In Amazon Fulfillment & Operations, our IT teams achieve amazing feats each day: they keep our huge and busy Fulfillment Centers–which are the heart of our business–running smoothly. But further than that, they enable us to maintain our high standards as we fulfill hundreds of thousands of customer orders.
The role and responsibilities:
You’ll provide a first and second line support service, ensuring all IT equipment and infrastructure is running at optimum performance. You’ll ensure that departmental Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) and Service Level Agreements (SLAs) are met on your site. You’ll also participate in site-wide projects that may update business and IT requirements.
This role based on shift patterns : it will also require flexibility regarding both regional travel, to support external sites, as well as out of office work hours, so a can-do attitude is required.
· Installation, ongoing maintenance and support of IT equipment, including–but not limited to:
· Laptops and personal computers,
· Telecoms equipment,
· Printers and scanners,
· Workstation maintenance,
· Upon completion of training, some cabling work will also be required,
· Handling the imaging and backup of all workstations and laptops,
· Closely adhering to Amazon’s standards in all your work: you’ll strive for compliance with all company policies and guidelines, specifically our IT and Health and Safety protocols,
· You’ll aim to maximise availability of all IT equipment and infrastructure, thanks to your commitment to continuous improvement and preventative maintenance,
· Continuous pursuit of greater equipment efficiency, alongside cost reductions,
· You’ll deliver an great level of service and support to your customer base,
· You’ll carry out change management requests as required, which will necessitate out of hours work,
· You’ll liaise with contractors and external suppliers, to clearly communicate technical issues and uphold Amazon’s standards,
· Provide information technology support and/or input to site-wide and team projects and initiatives,
· You’ll conduct trials and testing of all equipment, on behalf of your end-users,
· Proactive management of assets and inventory: you’ll run checks and audits in line with industry standards and processes, including Return Merchandise Authorization (RMA),
· Provide IT support to senior engineers as required, including some out of hours commitments.
· Vendor certification of the following: Linux/Unix System Support, MS Windows Support, Cisco knowledge – LAN / WAN and Wireless,
· Telecom knowledge, including VOIP/SIP and mobile technologies,
· Previous experience of technical support in a flexible and fluid work environment,
· Prepared to develop skills needed to support specific Fulfillment Centers automated systems,
· Ability to coordinate with corporate-based support groups to implement IT changes.
Please note you are not required to meet all of the above-mentioned expectations; any combination is welcome!
In addition we expect solid oral and written communication skills in English, open mind, willingness to learn new skills and to be a great team player.
Valid driving license and flexibility to work and travel outside of your designated location.
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build..
By submitting your resume and application information, you authorize Amazon to transmit and store your information in the Amazon group of companies' recruitment database, and to circulate that information as necessary for the purpose of evaluating your qualifications for this or other job vacancies.
· An solid, in-depth understanding of both computer software and hardware: you have experience in MS Windows System and Linux/Unix support,
· 2 years prior technical, IT support is highly favourable, in a logistics environment,
· Fluent understanding of English (both verbal and written): you’re able to communicate technical information to non-technical audiences,
· Solid sense of customer service: you have a solid record of professional customer-facing skills,
· Solid proficiency in methodical problem-solving, alongside analytical skills,
· All-round team player: you keep others informed of anything that contributes to the performance of the team, the department, or the company at large,
· Agile: able to prioritize and re-prioritize in a complex, ever-growing environment,
· Experience in establishing new processes and procedures, while closely following those already in place: you always look for ways to improve,
· Bias for Action: you’re hands on and willing to prepare to do good work,
· You have a proven willingness to learn and apply new technology,
· Demonstrable efficient initiative and motivation,
· Flexibility regarding working hours and shift patterns, as you provide cover for operational requirements,
· This position will involve some physical labour:
· IT Support Technicians may need to work in confined spaces, possibly in 48-inch crawl spaces, or inside air handlers,
· Site cleanliness and maintenance work,
· Working at height, in elevated spaces.