At Amazon, we strive to be Earth's most customer-centric company where people can find and discover anything they want to buy online. We hire the world's brightest minds, offering them an environment in which they can relentlessly improve the experience for customers. Innovation and creativity are built into the DNA of the company and are encouraged at all levels of employment. Every day we solve complex technical and business problems with ingenuity and simplicity. We're making history and the good news is we've only just begun.
Amazon, one of the top 100 companies in the United States, has an immediate opening for an IT Support Engineer III(Senior Technician) in our first Fulfillment Center in Australia. Fulfillment Centers handle millions of items from tens of thousands of vendors and ships them across the globe each day. The successful IT Support Engineer III will be responsible for utilizing his/her skills to provide assistance to the operations team in resolving technical problems within the Fulfillment Center that cover a multitude of technical disciplines. This position is the second level of support for the operations of the Fulfillment Center and serves as a resource to Technical Support Technicians while also acting as a representative of the IT department to internal customers. Amazon seeks individuals who are willing to Work Hard, Have Fun, and join us in making Worldwide History.
The IT Support Engineer III must have an excellent understanding of computers (both hardware and software) and a demonstrated willingness to learn and apply new technology. They must possess superior technical aptitude, written and oral communications skills and the ability to deal effectively with people in a wide variety of situations. Additionally they must possess strong analytical skills with demonstrated problem solving ability. Previous experience exercising high levels of initiative, judgment, and diplomacy required. Proven ability to operate in extreme high pressure situations, successfully handle multiple priorities and possess a high level of discipline while remaining flexible. They must possess superior people skills dealing with all levels of a team environment up to and including presentations and explanation of projects to upper level management. Regular activities include network engineering and troubleshooting, project management, mentorship of Technical Support Technicians, data cabling, systems administration in a variety of software and hardware environments, telecom/PBX administration, root cause analysis in problem solving, and assistance in managing the daily activities of the department. A willingness to relocate as career advancement opportunities throughout the company become available is strongly desired.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Vet
· Acts as a mentor for more junior employees and assists in their career development
· Participates in training level 1-4 employeesIs, able to work autonomously and provide technical direction to level 1-4 employees. Coaches and mentors Engineers and Technicians across the network
· Assists in evaluation of new technology and develops processes or procedures for technical support
· Provides Operational Excellence technical leadership, identifies root causes and implements permanent solutions
· Expertise in one or more specialized areas of IT such as Microsoft Administration, Linux Administration, or Cisco IOS (CLI). Solid understanding of networking concepts such as DNS, DHCP, Email, HTTP, SSL, OSI Model, and TCP/IP protocols and applications
· Expertise with Data Cabling / Computer Facilities maintenance
· Experience communicating verbally and in writing with peers, management, contractors and vendors
· Ability to stand/walk for 10-12 hours per day, Willingness to work flexible shifts and scheduling including nights, weekends, and holidays