About OpsTech IT
Operations is at the heart of Amazon’s business. We are known for our speed, accuracy, and exceptional service. Our buildings deliver tens of thousands of products to hundreds of countries worldwide, every day. OpsTech IT provides nonstop global IT support to Amazon Operations as a vital piece to the puzzle. We are looking for self-motivated individuals to take on new challenges and motivate teams in fostering solutions to the hurdles we face. Together, we take ownership for what we do — whether supporting IT infrastructure, developing new technology in-house, launching a new Amazon Operations facility, or supporting our Global Logistics system delivering packages directly to customers.
About The Role
As an IT Support Engineer II, you will use your technical knowledge and specialized skills to support, build, implement, and improve technology solutions. You are able to troubleshoot and resolve issues remotely. You are able to manage large projects with minimal guidance that affect multiple locations. You are able to resolve customer issues in time of crisis to get them working again. You are actively expanding your scope of knowledge by learning about software design patterns, data structures, AWS technologies and distributed systems concepts. You must possess good written and oral communications skills and the ability to deal effectively with people in a wide variety of situations.
This will be an evening/night shift role to provide support on a global team.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to
· Troubleshooting difficult IT Problems without SOPs
· Plan and coordinate change management tasks
· Collaborate with internal teams or vendors to execute projects
· Lead continuous improvement efforts
· Audit the quality of work performed and provide constructive feedback when necessary.
· Automate manual tasks; create/improve small tools that help make team operations more efficient.
· Be the first point of escalation.
· Participate in hiring, training and development of others.
· Native level English language skill both verbal and writing.
· 4+ years of IT Support or relevant experience
· Bachelor’s degree in Computer science or IT related field.
· Microsoft MCSE, MCITP Systems Administrator (Active Directory)
· Advanced Linux systems administration skills
· Strong troubleshooting skills of very complex systems
· Ability to explain complex IT concepts in simple terms
· Ability to manage high priority projects
· Proven ability to work successfully with limited supervision
· Cisco CCENT certification
· Data center infrastructure and facilities experience
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
· High School diploma or GED equivalent
· 4+ years of experience in two or more of the following: Microsoft Administration, Linux Administration, or Cisco IOS (CLI)
· 4+ years of experience troubleshooting skills in a multi-user high availability environment
· 4+ years of experience with networking concepts such as DNS, DHCP, SSL, OSI Model, and TCP/IP
· 4+ years of experience in PC repair, troubleshooting, deployment, and liquidation
· 3+ years IT experience with client, server, and network service delivery
· Proven skills in remote troubleshooting, deployment, and desktop support
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English (in person and via phone/radio) with peers, management, contractors and vendors.
· Willingness to work flexible shifts and scheduling including nights, weekends, and holidays
· This position will be providing support during the evening/night shift hours.