About OpsTech IT
Operations is at the heart of Amazon’s business. We are known for our speed, accuracy, and exceptional service. Our buildings deliver tens of thousands of products to hundreds of countries worldwide, every day. OpsTech IT provides nonstop global IT support to Amazon Operations as a vital piece to the puzzle. We are looking for self-motivated individuals to take on new challenges and motivate teams in fostering solutions to the hurdles we face. Together, we take ownership for what we do — whether supporting IT infrastructure, developing new technology in-house, launching a new Amazon Operations facility, or delighting our customers by delivering packages directly to them.
About The Role
As an IT Support Associate II, you will use your skills to support the operations team in resolving technical problems within an Amazon Operations facility that span across a multitude of technical disciplines. We are committed to improvement; you will be encouraged to participate in career development opportunities as presented to progress your career at Amazon.
What Do We Offer?
Amazon offers competitive compensation packages including comprehensive healthcare benefits starting on Day 1, matching 401(k) program, and up to 20 weeks of paid parental leave. But wait, there’s more: we don’t wear suits and ties! Come as you are because jeans, t-shirts, sneakers and sometimes a neon safety vest will be your daily outfit.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to
- Allocation, maintenance and troubleshooting of IT equipment used in Amazon Operations facilities.
- Handles support requests and procedures across the network.
- Assist in training new hires.
- Continuous learning of new technologies.
- Ability to support customers from multiple buildings in the area, as well as remote customers.
- Ability to move up to 49lbs as well as stand and walk for 10-12 hours at a time with or without reasonable accommodation.
· Bachelor’s degree in Computer science or IT related field
· Microsoft Certified Solutions Expert and Microsoft Certified IT Professional Systems Administrator Certifications
· Cisco CCENT certification
· Data center infrastructure and facilities experience
· Ability to explain complex IT concepts in simple terms
· Ability to manage high priority projects
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills
· Proven ability to work successfully with limited supervision
Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
· 1+ year experience in maintaining laser printers
· 1+ year experience with Cisco/networking and either Linux and/or Microsoft
· High School or equivalent diploma
· 1+ year of practice in the set up and installation of computer and networking equipment in a professional environment