Amazon is focused on protecting the health and safety of our employees while continuing to serve people who need our services more than ever. Regular testing on a global scale across all industries would both help keep people safe and help get the economy back up and running. But, for this to work, we as a society would need vastly more testing capacity than is currently available. Unfortunately, today we live in a world of scarcity where COVID-19 testing is heavily rationed. Until we have an effective vaccine available in billions of doses, high-volume testing capacity would be of great help, but getting that done will take collective action by Non-Governmental Organizations, companies, and governments.
As an IT Support Associate, you will use your skills to support the operations team in resolving technical problems within an Amazon Operations facility that span across a multitude of technical disciplines. We are committed to improvement; you will be encouraged to participate in career development opportunities as presented to progress your career at Amazon.
· CompTIA A+, CompTIA, Network +, Cisco/CCNA, Linux (Redhat), Microsoft hardware (installation) or other IT industry standard certifications
· Experience troubleshooting integrated and interdependent computer systems
· Experience maintaining zebra thermal printers, troubleshooting thin clients, PCs, scanners, and portable handheld terminals
· Ability to prioritize work based on department and production objectives
· Service Management, Project Management, and Inventory Management skills
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills
· Ability to work, prioritize and make decisions independently in a fast-paced production environment
Note: This position may require sustained work (including lifting objects no more than 25 lb) in a laboratory that will be receiving biological specimens that may include viruses for infectious diseases, including the COVID-19 virus (which is known to cause the coronavirus disease). Accordingly, this role involves the risk of infection. Amazon has implemented appropriate safety policies, training, processes, and equipment as per applicable guidelines.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
· High school or equivalent diploma
· 1+ year of practice in the set up and installation of computer and networking equipment in a professional environment
· 1+ year maintaining laser printers
· 1+ year experience with Cisco/networking and either Linux and/or Microsoft