At AWS, Security is priority zero. As part of the Amazon Web Services (AWS) Security team, we are looking for a technically deep Industry Specialist who is passionate about owning far-reaching projects to drive continuous improvement across AWS at unparalleled scale. As a part of AWS Security you’ll get to operate in a constantly changing environment and get to work with AWS business and engineering teams on business-critical, security projects and programs. We work across AWS to drive strategic security initiatives, design and deliver tooling and automation, and continue to raise the bar on security at AWS. Our team also drives programs to enable customers that operate in regulated markets, such as Healthcare, Finance, Government, etc.
In this role, you will:
· Work with service, infrastructure and administrative teams to develop and deliver tooling that improves AWS's security posture.
· Identify process improvement opportunities and high risk areas.
· Work with service owners to develop innovative solutions to complex technical challenges.
· Manage the build and deployment of new tooling to streamline and automate security-related initiatives.
· Support process improvement and security-related projects in coordination with service teams.
· Manage communications to service teams and stakeholders.
· Develop a deep understanding of the operational services, processes, and controls in place that support AWS's security posture.
Our team also puts a high value on work-life balance. Striking a healthy balance between your personal and professional life is crucial to your happiness and success here, which is why we aren’t focused on how many hours you spend at work or online. Instead, we’re happy to offer a flexible schedule so you can have a more productive and well-balanced life—both in and outside of work.
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon’s culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
· You are able to dive into deep technical design discussions, summarize complex trade-offs and options, and make data-driven recommendations
· You have a clear understanding of cloud computing services and deployment architecture
· You have experience automating complex manual processes and driving tool development
· You have a track record of delivering technical programs, projects, and products in a highly technical environment
· You are comfortable designing and owning a product roadmap
· You have a strong understanding of software development lifecycles and modern transaction processing environments.
· You are comfortable generating automated metrics to measure service and program effectiveness and consistency
· You are familiar with enterprise productivity tools, such as Microsoft Office, XWiki, Tableau, Remedy trouble ticketing systems, etc
· Meets/exceeds Amazon’s leadership principles requirements for this role
· Meets/exceeds Amazon’s functional/technical depth and complexity for this role
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us
· Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems Management, Mathematics, Accounting/Auditing, other related fields, or equivalent experience
· 3+ years of experience in security, software engineering, compliance, or process management work in in support of a highly technical environment