The Global IT Infrastructure Product Management organization manages the IT Infrastructure scope of a complex suite of projects and is responsible for the selection, testing, induction and replacement of IT infrastructure products within Amazon Fulfillment IT. Our projects deliver on the solutions that power the physical fulfillment of our customers’ orders.
As an IT Program Manager within the Product Certification and IT Infrastructure lifecycle team, you will lead a variety of projects with significant scope and impact supporting several different areas of the business. In this role, you will work closely with cross-functional partners to deliver value to the customer, meeting the scope, budget and timeline of the effort. Projects will be in disparate geographic locations, and require strong communication skills to coordinate onsite and remote work with teams.
You will focus on delivering the design, procurement, deployment, and lifecycle of IT infrastructure and equipment. As a single point of contact for the project team, you will be responsible for end-to-end project management. The Senior IT Product Manager or a Program Manager will be the conduit for technical initiatives that require heavy engagement between engineering teams, OpsTech Field IT, and customer delivery organizations.
In this role, you will work proactively with partners across the organization to:
o Task and milestone planning and tracking of Product certification and Product lifecycle activities.
o Risk assessment and mitigation planning
o Managing all stakeholder communication inc reporting
o Developing repeatable processes, policy development, support practices and documentation
o Lead continuous improvement efforts
You will partner closely with support teams that will perform both remote and onsite tasks, along with ensuring the proper test plans and deployment procedures are in place at scale.
Key Responsibilities will include:
o Develop and manage IT projects from beginning to end, including project scope, timeline, hardware procurement, resource allocation, and project execution coordinating remote work closely with field teams.
o Provide project management and direction to ensure the project team has a clear understanding of timelines, risks, escalation path and roles/responsibilities they will undertake within the project team.
o Act as an escalation point for the project team and project stakeholders to manage risks, develop mitigation plans and path to green throughout the project.
o Own updates and knowledge documentation regarding hardware and equipment standards to ensure appropriate hardware standards are met and the correct equipment procured.
o Identify and manage project dependencies and critical paths and with maintaining accurate project plans with real-time milestone, task and project health data for all your projects in Project Management tool
o Provide frequent monitoring and enforcement of schedules.
o Facilitate formal turn-over, support partners and monitor deliverables until agreed upon project milestone is achieved.
o Update or develop documentation on processes that are critical to successfully implementing your projects.
o Identify opportunities to streamline deployments, share best practices with your peers and leaders and implement continuous improvement actions on a regular basis.
o Ability to travel frequently (25-50%)
· 4 years of experience managing IT products from initiation to closure
· Strong oral and written communication skills
· Ability to successfully manage cross-functional projects involving multiple stakeholders and varying levels of management
· Intermediate-level knowledge in one or more of the following: LAN, WAN, Wireless, Telecommunications, Systems Administration, Low voltage data cabling, or data facilities technologies
· Experience with procurement of IT equipment
· Experience as a leader and mentor for project teams in a matrixed environment
· Experience in distribution, manufacturing, logistics, or other warehouse environments
· Master’s Degree from an accredited university
· Proficiency with MS Project, Excel, and SharePoint
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
*The salary information will be provided individually prior to the 1st interview.
· Bachelors Degree from an accredited university.
· Proficient verbal and written communication skills in both Japanese and English
· More than two yrs. engineering and/or product experience.
· Experience with end to end project management experience for IT Infrastructure projects.
· Experience with core IT infrastructure components , end user equipment and service concepts.
· Ability to travel frequently (25-50%)
· Experience managing conflict, escalations, negotiating compromise and influencing others and problem solving.