At Amazon, we are working to be the most customer-centric company on earth. To get there, we need exceptionally talented, bright, and driven people. Amazon is continually evolving and is a place where motivated employees thrive and where employee ownership and accountability lead to meaningful results.
For our team in Dobroviz, near to Prague, we are looking for “IT Data Analytics Engineer” to focus on internal IT data processing. We value your passion for data, and your proactive behavior in solving issues with efficiency and accuracy. You are recognized as a role model for prioritizing your projects in an ever-changing environment.
In this role, you will focus on providing data, analyses and reports based on different kind of data-related requests, cooperating with different stakeholders, IT teams and internal Data Intelligence team. The role provides an opportunity to understand Amazon business and processes, enhance analytical skills, and make significant impact.
· Experience identifying patterns and trends in large data sets
· Data-warehouse experiences and data modeling
· Programming or algorithm development skills
· Statistical tools and concepts
· Tableau tools
Please note you are not required to meet all of the above-mentioned expectations, any combination is welcome! (The more the better, of course).
In addition we expect fluency in English, open mind, willingness to learn new skills and respect for the team spirit. Valid driving licence and flexibility to work and travel outside of your designated location.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace.
Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us
Job Responsibilities include:
· Working with internal IT and other technical teams across the organization to identify opportunities, develop reports, providing data services and analyses and drive measurements of actions to continuously improve on the inputs and ultimately the outputs of IT Teams
· Using Tableau (and other) platforms for reports and dashboards
· Working with large volumes of data, in a highly complex business
· Working with business intelligence tools, accessing and working with data from multiple sources, and partnering with the business to identify strategic opportunities and deliver results
· Writing reports and whitepapers based on data analyses
· Fluent written and verbal communication in English
· Excellent writing skills
· Sharp analytical abilities, proven design skills, excellent communication skills
· Quantitative skills, ability to use hard data and metrics to back up assumptions and concepts
· 1+ years of relevant experience in one of the following areas: Data engineering, business intelligence or business analytics
· Excellent working knowledge of computer programs: Microsoft Office/Excel, databases and reporting tools in general
· Education in a quantitative/technical field (e.g. Computer Science, Statistics, Engineering, Databases and Information Processing – SQL queries)