Are you interested in developing cutting-edge technology that will help Amazon deliver packages worldwide efficiently and quickly? The Amazon Flex mobile team focuses on providing smart and efficient mobile solutions that scale to delivering millions of packages every month.
Amazon Flex is the system that collaborates with crowd-sourced and third-party delivery partners to complete all of Amazon’s deliveries. Our Amazon Flex application works in concert with our advanced logistics systems and technology. These technologies allow delivery partners to onboard, schedule delivery times in advance or on demand, and be guided through their deliveries with in-app mapping, navigation, and much more. Our ability to engage with, support and provide a world-class experience to both customers and our delivery partners has become more critical as we continue to expand the number of active delivery partners and target faster deliveries to our customers.
You will own the design, development, test, and deployment of backend services that power our deliver apps at massive scale. If have the desire to help drive Amazon's next generation of delivery, we want to talk with you.
· Experience building complex software systems that have been successfully delivered to customers
· Knowledge of professional software engineering practices and best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
· Ability to take a project from scoping requirements through actual launch of the project
· Experience in communicating with users, other technical teams, and management to collect requirements, describe software features, and technical designs
· 4+ years of professional software development experience
· 3+ years of programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
· 2+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems
· Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or 8+ years of equivalent professional or military experience
3+ years of programming experience in a mobile development environment using a modern language supported by iOS such as Swift or Objective C