The Amazon Web Services’ (AWS) Event Technology team is looking for a Software Development Engineer (SDE) with a passion for working on cutting edge technology, obsesses over bar raising experiences for customers, and thrives on the challenge of building something new that will operate at world-wide scale to join our fast paced team. In this role, you will be responsible for implementing modern, creative, and innovative data experiences across a breadth of customer facing web apps, our data warehouse for reporting, and integration with third party applications.
If you are passionate about building state-of-the-art web applications and services that focus on simplicity, innovation, performance, consider applying for this role! Your work will have high visibility across AWS internally, and the global AWS community of developers and users.
What you will work on: The Events Technology team is building a new platform entirely on cutting edge AWS services - including CloudFront, API Gateway, Lambda, GraphQL, SQS, DynamoDB and more, with state-of-the-art open source front end frameworks, libraries, and toolchains to deliver a set of highly scalable, performant, serverless, and responsive webapps for our global events organization. Your work will have high visibility across the AWS team and global AWS community of developers and users.
We are looking for a well-rounded software development engineer with a track record of creating fantastic apps for end users. We expect you to build a new set of collaborative experiences. The ideal candidate will be design savvy, have solid grasp on coding skills coupled with strong technical acumen. (S)he will be a catalyst for change by working with Product Managers and UX Designers to code and design modular features that offer a low latency customer experience. If you are passionate about delighting users with compelling cloud based mobile apps, then we would love to hear from you.
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and we host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon’s culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
Our team also puts a high value on work-life balance. Striking a healthy balance between your personal and professional life is crucial to your happiness and success here, which is why we aren’t focused on how many hours you spend at work or online. Instead, we’re happy to offer a flexible schedule so you can have a more productive and well-balanced life—both in and outside of work.
· Experience in mobile development (iOS and Android) ·
· Experience with software performance measurements and techniques. ·
· Experience architecting and designing using patterns for reliability and low latency in new and existing systems. ·
· Ability to deal well with ambiguous/undefined problems; ability to think abstractly. ·
· Strong Computer Science fundamentals in data structures, algorithm design and problem solving. ·
· Strong knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations. ·
· Ability to ramp up quickly on new technologies and adopt solution from within the company or from the Open Source community. ·
· Meets/exceeds Amazon’s leadership principles requirements for this role ·
· Meets/exceeds Amazon’s functional/technical depth and complexity for this role Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace.
Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the bias of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit: https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us .
· Bachelors Degree or equivalent experience
· 4+ years of hands-on software development experience
· 2+ years experience in, at least, one programming language such as Swift, Objective-C and Proficiency in object-oriented development and ability to apply OO concepts