Are you interested in developing cutting-edge technology that will help Amazon deliver packages worldwide efficiently and quickly? The Amazon Flex mobile team focuses in providing smart and efficient mobile solutions that scales to delivering millions of packages every month. It is still Day1 in the Last Mile Technology space!
Amazon Flex is the system that collaborates with crowd-sourced and third-party delivery partners to complete all of Amazon’s deliveries. Our Amazon Flex application works in concert with our advanced logistics systems and technology. These technologies allow delivery partners to onboard, schedule delivery times in advance or on demand, and be guided through their deliveries with in-app mapping, navigation, and much more. Our ability to engage with, support and provide a world-class experience to both customers and our delivery partners has become more critical as we continue to expand the number of active delivery partners and target faster deliveries to our customers.
As a part of this team, you will work on building the best in class learning programs for drivers, helping them deliver a great customer experience from day 1. Being part of a customer obsessed company and working as part of this team, you’ll be responsible for the design, development, test, and deployment of a range of products that make it possible to deliver packages to customers in two hours or less all over the world. You will have an opportunity to conceptualize, design, build, test and own software systems. You will influence the technical direction of the team, work with many different technologies. If you are a software engineer with a creative flare, problem-solving skills, exposure to various technologies such as Swift or Objective-C, and/or Android Java or Kotlin and have the desire to help drive Amazon's next generation of delivery, we want to talk with you.
· Customer obsessed with the ability to deal with ambiguity
· Experience building complex software systems that have been successfully delivered to customers
· Knowledge of professional software engineering practices and best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
· Ability to take a project from scoping requirements through actual launch of the project
· Experience in communicating with users, other technical teams, and management to collect requirements, describe software features, and technical designs
· Amazon is committed to providing accommodations at all stages through recruitment and employment in accordance with applicable human rights and accommodation legislation. If contacted for an employment opportunity, advise Human Resources if you require accommodation, including in order to apply for a position.
· 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
· Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
· 1+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
· Experience in mobile app development in iOS
· Experience in utilizing Mobile design patterns, building mobile frameworks/SDKs, building custom UX widgets and optimizing apps for performance.