At Ring, we work every day to advance our mission to help make neighborhoods safer. As an iOS Engineer for the Ring team, you will play an important role in shaping the vision, design, roadmap and development of the Ring App. This role involves design, architecture, and implementation of customer experiences. You will be given the opportunity to support and deliver the technical direction of features. You will work with talented teammates and have the opportunity to shape the team to best execute on the product.
· Master’s degree in Computer Science or related field
· Experience in mobile design patterns (MVVM, MVI, VIPER), building mobile frameworks / SDKs, building custom UX widgets and optimizing apps for performance (Instruments)
· Experience writing testable code and automating test regressions
· Experience with multi-module application in a large distributed team environment
· Knowledge of professional software engineering practices including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing and operations
· Experience developing, releasing, and maintaining an iOS app
· Experience with REST architecture for web services
· Experience communicating technical problems to both technical and business audiences verbally and in writing
Since its founding in 2013, Ring has been on a mission to make neighborhoods safer. From the video doorbell, to Ring Alarm, which was named #1 in Customer Satisfaction for DIY Home Security Systems by J.D. Power, Ring’s smart home security product line, as well as the Neighbors App, offer users affordable whole-home and neighborhood security. At Ring, we are committed to making home and neighborhood security accessible and effective for everyone -- while working hard to bring communities together. Ring is an Amazon company. For more information, visitwww.ring.com. With Ring, you’re always home.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us//.
· 3+ years of experience with object-oriented design
· 2+ years of professional non-internship experience with front end, web or mobile software development
· Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field
· 3+ years of application development experience with iOS
· 3+ years of development experience in Obj-c and Swift environments
· 3+ years of experience with iOS frameworks
· 3+ years of experience applying computer science fundamentals in data structures, problem solving, and complexity analysis