At Ring, we come to work every day with the mission of helping to make neighborhoods safer. Over the past few years we have learned that when residents and the Ring team all work together, we can create safer communities.
As an iOS Engineer for the Ring team, you will play a pivotal role in shaping the definition, vision, design, roadmap and development of the Ring App. This role involves design, architecture, implementation of user experiences to bring our customers the best possible home security experience. You will be given the opportunity to autonomously deliver the technical direction of features. You will work with extraordinary talent and have the opportunity to hire and shape the team to best execute on the product.
- Experience in mobile design patterns (MVVM, MVI, VIPER), building mobile frameworks / SDKs, building custom UX widgets and optimizing apps for performance (Instruments)
- Experience writing testable code and automating test regressions
- Experience with multi-module application in a large distributed team environment.
- Knowledge of professional software engineering practices including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing and operations
- Experience developing, releasing, and maintaining an iOS app
- Experience with REST architecture for web services
- Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, continuous deployments, testing and operations
- Master’s degree in Computer Science or related field
Since its founding in 2013, Ring has been on a mission to make neighborhoods safer. From the video doorbell, to Ring Alarm, which was named #1 in Customer Satisfaction for DIY Home Security Systems by J.D. Power, Ring’s smart home security product line, as well as the Neighbors app, offer users affordable whole-home and neighborhood security. At Ring, we are committed to making home and neighborhood security accessible and effective for everyone -- while working hard to bring communities together. Ring is an Amazon company. For more information, visit www.ring.com. With Ring, you’re always home.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us//.
· Experience with object-oriented design
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field
- 3+ years of application development experience with iOS
- Development experience in Obj-c and Swift environments
- Experience with iOS frameworks
- Experience applying computer science fundamentals in data structures, problem solving, and complexity analysis
- Experience communicating technical problems to both technical and business audiences verbally and in writing