The Investigations Manager will lead efforts to efficiently and effectively provide investigation and resolution services pertaining to the protection of people, product, and data for Amazon. As an individual contributor you will be responsible for programs and external/internal investigations that arise within the scope of Logistics and will pursue them ethically and in compliance with all applicable laws, regulations, and internal policies. As an internal investigator, this person will help determine root causes and gaps causing fraud losses to Amazon and will be responsible for gathering, preserving, analyzing and presenting evidence. The Investigations Manager, Logistics Investigations, will be a key member of the Security and Loss Prevention team. This position is based in Goodyear, AZ, and will report to the Manager of Logistics Investigations, Global Security Operations.
Key Responsibilities include:
· Identifies criminal activity by leveraging information from internal reporting, data analysis, LP reported incidents and trends in order to develop detailed investigative plans to help bring cases to resolution at the appropriate scope and pace
· At times, may require the participation or leading of interviews as part of this process to mitigate fraud/loss while minimizing customer and operation impacts.
· Develops and maintains positive field based relationships with internal and external partners to identify, investigate, and prosecute offenders.
· Serves as the investigative subject matter expert for Logistics investigations while managing multiple investigations simultaneously and prioritizing team resources accordingly.
· Identifies and develops appropriate reporting methods and mechanisms to maximize efficiencies and best practices across the enterprise.
· Conduct and complete full investigation reports of factual findings to present to relevant stakeholders which includes internal data, external investigative evidence, and open source intelligence gathering.
· This role covers a 24/7 operation and you must be able to work all shifts, including nights, weekends and holiday
· Travel up to 20% domestically and internationally
· Financial Crimes and Loss Prevention certifications such as LPQ, LPC, CFE, CAMS, and CFCI · Previous Special Investigation Unit (SIU) experience. · Working knowledge of e-commerce industry theft and fraud investigations · Interview and Interrogation certification such as Wicklander-Zulawski. · Knowledge of various cargo theft, carrier, driver and ‘On the Road’ fraud schemes and investigative methods and applicable statutory laws and regulations. · Experience leading teams and providing management, leadership, and mentoring to team members as needed. · Warehousing, manufacturing, or distribution experience. · Oral and written communication skills and a proven ability to influence others internally and externally. · Knowledge of Amazon systems and fulfillment center processes.
Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
· Bachelor’s degree or 5+ years professional or military experience 5+ years of experience in criminal/military intelligence analysis, insurance fraud, law enforcement, financial crimes, or other related fields with 3+ years specific to e-commerce or cargo theft investigations. · 10+ years of investigative experience identifying, resolving, conducting root cause analysis, and recommending mitigation enhancements with investigative case file building and evidence collection. · 3+ years of experience in open-source investigations which includes social media investigations, background check services, link analysis, and other open source tools or investigative methods. · 5+ years of experience in report writing skills with emphasis on evidence presentation which includes Investigative case file building and law enforcement presentations for both physical and digital evidence.