The Quality Manager has complete responsibility for overall Fulfillment Center Inventory integrity and Quality Assurance.
• Measurement of quality & inventory transaction accuracy while providing feedback to the operations.
• Review & analysis of customer defect data with development of corresponding action plans to reduce defects.
• Develop & execute daily, weekly & monthly action plans that increase quality, inventory accuracy & service
• Partner with Area Managers & Operations Managers in the communication of policies
• Follow up to ensure compliance & consistency for policies & procedures surrounding Inventory Control & Quality
• Plan & execute cycle counts as described in each area of the facility
• Establish & Maintain Inventory handling procedures within the building
• Plan for & identify root causes of inventory deviation through cause & effect analysis.
• Lead & supervise a team of area managers (front-line supervisors) & hourly associates in Inventory Control / Quality Assurance operations within the fulfillment center. Responsible for the overall direction, coordination, & evaluation of the operation.
• Carrying out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies & procedures: to include interviewing & training exempt & nonexempt employees; full accountability for setting & meeting operational goals; strategic planning & forecasting; assigning & directing work; appraising performance; rewarding & disciplining employees; resolving problems; & staffing; as well as developing area managers & standard operating procedures.
• APICS certification
• Ability to show Inventory & Quality improvement in a continually improving environment. Candidate must be a quick study on various software systems and data analysis tools. This position requires a candidate with the proven ability to drive process improvements & the ability to keep pace with our explosive growth while motivating others to meet the challenges of an extremely deadline-driven environment.
• Strong commitment to employee development, as well as an exceptional level of dedication, motivation, & intelligence. Strong oral & written communication skills, as well as a strong technical and analytical aptitude.
• Candidate must be able to teach & educate managers and associates on the importance of inventory control & quality assurance.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status.
• A completed Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited university or 2+ years Amazon experience
• 5+ years related Inventory & Quality Assurance Management experience
• Supervisory experience in a Distribution or Manufacturing environment
• Experience with Lean and Six Sigma methodologies
• Experience with the WMS systems
• Fully bilingual: Spanish & English