Amazon Web Services (AWS) is leading the next paradigm shift in computing and is looking for world-class candidates to lead our state and local government unemployment insurance and workforce services efforts. We are recruiting a passionate, self-motivated Business Development Manager to develop and execute a strategy to help unemployment insurance workforce services agencies deliver services more effectively, more efficiently and more responsively by adopting cloud technology.
This role will be part of the AWS health and human services (HHS) team, and will work with AWS account executives, partners, and clients to grow AWS’ footprint in health and human services eligibility systems (integrated eligibility) and state-based marketplaces (also known as health benefit exchanges) The ideal candidate has a deep understanding of human services eligibility and state-based marketplace business issues, as well as the market segment landscape serving human services eligibility and state-based marketplace agencies, and will thrive in a fast-moving, team-oriented environment.
Role & Responsibilities
· Lead execution of a go-to-market strategy for human services eligibility and state-based marketplace
· Drive C-suite level client discussions around unemployment and workforce services business and technology issues to identify and help advance sales opportunities
· Enable field sales teams for “first call” conversations with human services eligibility and state-based marketplace business and technology leaders
· Work with AWS partners to drive adoption of AWS services in relevant solutions for human services eligibility and state-based marketplace agencies
· Work collaboratively and transparently across AWS and broader Amazon (e.g. sales, marketing, public policy, legal, and others) to launch new programs and solutions, and to shape the environment into which they are deployed (e.g. through engagement with governments on matters of policy, regulation, accreditation, etc.).
· Communicate regularly with senior management on roadmaps, progress, and risks. Develop and execute on appropriate risk mitigation strategies.
· Keep executive leadership informed on progress against objectives. Assist in developing strategies, senior management business reviews, and other written documents.
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and we host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon’s culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
· Business development experience within human services eligibility and state-based marketplace
· History of driving innovation to deliver better customer outcomes for human services eligibility and state-based marketplace
· In-depth understanding of the market landscape for human services eligibility and state-based marketplace
· In-depth understanding of the legislative, regulatory, and other factors influencing business, technology, and procurement decisions for human services eligibility and state-based marketplace
· Ability to lead C-suite level conversations with agency leadership
· Meets/exceeds Amazon’s leadership principles requirements for this role
· Meets/exceeds Amazon’s functional/technical depth and complexity
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
· 5+ years of experience working in or with state or local human services eligibility and state-based marketplace either as an employee of the agency or consultant to the agency
· 3+ years experience in a consulting business development role, with a focus on health and human services