At Amazon, our HR Generalists are known for their knowledge of HR programs, processes and tools. They act as the front line consultant to people managers to create a positive employee experience, offering consistent HR advice on people matters. They operate and are seen as subject matter experts, having sound knowledge in company and local programs, processes and policies, offering a strong and compelling point of view around HR related matters, thus building credibility. They are committed to collaboration with multiple HR Business Partners (HRBPs), HR Specialists and people managers across the various businesses. A key area of focus is to increase manager capability toward self-sufficiency and to support manager education on important people programs, policies, tools and processes. The HR Generalist role is an effective training ground for those that would like to flex into an HR Business Partner role, or go deeper into HR programs and processes. The Generalist role provides the breadth and depth of HR understanding at Amazon and can be a significant conduit into either path.
This role will act as an influential partner in helping managers with employee relations and talent management processes, people development, performance management and manager coaching. Thanks to their visibility across businesses and their access to data on managers and employees requests, this role will be in a position to spot trends and identify emerging needs and address them with innovative people programs, tools and processes.
Employee Relations and Support
· Process ownership for employee relations (ER) management, including disciplinary and performance improvement for issues not supported by the central Employee Relations team.
· Consult managers on people matters that require in depth knowledge of policies, procedures and local legislation, across multiple locations.
· Conduct investigations and manage ER cases, in coordination with the Employee Relations and with the Legal departments.
· Manage the exit process, including conducting ad-hoc exit interviews.
· Work with people managers end to end on performance management cases.
· Analyze data and trends on ER and performance management, in order to provide input to the business strategy to HRBP, preventing the recurrence of known issues.
· Coach, train and guide managers during the annual Talent Management and Compensation Planning processes.
· Consult Managers on compensation matters.
· Develop communications that help managers to be self-sufficient with Talent Reviews.
· Enable the success of new and experienced managers by leveraging, delivering and improving existing training contents and web pages, and collaborating with the HR Talent Management team to anticipate and address emerging needs.
· Support managers and employees in identifying capability gaps to further develop functional and managerial skills.
· Support people managers with career conversations, development and career growth plans and other development initiatives.
· Provide support and guidance to HRBPs and managers on change initiatives.
· Act as point of contact and program manager for people tools, processes, programs or projects.
· Support manager education initiatives to further drive collective education and manager effectiveness
· Analyze data and observations across the organization, highlighting trends and recommending/driving solutions, as appropriate.
· Strong business and HR acumen, including strong problem solving skills, critical thinking and analysis.
· Drives recommendations and prioritization. Looks to a lead or manager to put decisions into a broader business context.
· Experience working in a highly matrixed organization.
· Project management and execution skills.
· Coaching and consulting skills.
Thrives in a high-pressure environment and able to manage multiple simultaneous priorities.
· Possesses intellectual curiosity; brings insight into the team and business.
· Strong ability to work in a matrix fashion with business lead HR Business Partners.
· Proficiency working with remote management.
· Bachelor’s degree or higher in Human Resources related field.
· 3+ years of relevant Human Resources and/or Recruiting experience.