HR Business Partner - Amazon Logistics
Our overall mission is simple: we want Amazon to be the place where our customers can find, discover and buy anything online. Whatever our customers want, we will find the means to deliver it. With your help, Amazon will continue to enable people to discover new worlds and implement innovation.
Business Area: Operations – Amazon Logistics
Operations is at the heart of the Amazon customer experience. Each action we undertake is completed on behalf of our customers and meeting and often exceeding their expectations makes us feel good.
The Operations team in AMZL are responsible for managing fast-efficient delivery of our customer orders (last mile) and are the final stage in Amazon delivery on our customer promise and they work very hard to ensure that our customers receive their orders on time, everytime.
For more information about Amazon Operations, visit our microsite: www.amazon-operations.co.uk
Role: HR Business Partner
The Amazon HR team is passionate about business partnering in its truest sense. Reporting to the Regional HR Manager, you will play a critical role in delivering the HR plan across multiple delivery stations in the local region.
You will work closely with the operations teams in your region; providing pragmatic, commercial and employee-focused advice while supporting a client group of operations and area managers as well as several support functions. You will use your coaching and influencing skills to drive employee engagement and manage change, ensuring that we retain motivated teams of employees who can deliver an excellent service to our customers.
As a HR Business Partner, you will enjoy a varied role and a wide range of interactions across all levels on a daily basis. You will get exposure to many different aspects of the business and have the opportunity to work on national HR projects.
· Coach Area Managers and Operations Managers on HR related topics
· Complex employee case management in line with local legislation
· Conduct investigations in consultation with management
· Manage relationship with labor relations stakeholders (Associate Forums, Works Councils)
· Collaborate with management to execute recruitment, on boarding and training initiatives and internal mobility
· Partner with the HR team to develop and implement communications plans
· Manage and deploy small to medium scale HR projects and change initiatives
· Partner with managers on performance management and talent development and provide insights into impact on comp & ben
· Maintain site policy and services and manage policy change roll-out to ensure business adoption and/or understanding of changes
· Support rollout of compliance initiatives and provide counsel to management in regards to local employment law and legislation changes
· Analyze data and provide recommendations to improve processes, employee engagement and policy alignment across the business
· A Master’s degree in an HR related field or equivalent through experience
· Exceptional listening skills and ability to relate to, influence, and coach employees of all levels in the organisation
· Intellectual curiosity to bring new insights to the business, preferably in a multicultural environment
· Ability to work independently, as an active member of both business and HR teams
· Experience managing small to medium scale projects
· Experience as a people leader, with a focus on hiring and developing the best talent
· A Bachelor’s degree preferably in an HR related field, or CIPD Level 7 equivalent
· Experience as an HR Generalist or Specialist in a fast-paced distribution or manufacturing environment
· Experience with MS Office tools and HR Information Systems
· Fluent command of English, in both written and verbal form
· Advanced knowledge of local labor law
· Ability to use analytical and experiential data for decision making