Here at Amazon we are currently looking for a Health and Safety Coordinator (m/f/x) to join the team and play a critical role in coordinating and supporting the health and safety within Amazon Air Operations. The successful candidate will identify, coordinate and drive improvements in operations safety, quality and productivity, working with the Operations Management teams to continuously improve the functionality and level of service that the site provides to our customers.
The Health and Safety Coordinator role is an excellent opportunity to get a start in safety in Amazon.
The Health & Safety Coordinator will be responsible for :
· Assisting with risk assessments and ensure follow up control measures to actioned and complete
· Act as an advisor for associates and managers on company health and safety procedures as well as legal requirements to comply with
· Monitoring the air hub to ensure we comply to company safety procedures and to identify risks and opportunity areas
· Assist with the investigation of incidents to establish root cause and develop a relevant action plans to follow up on it
· Keep diligently updated our internal records with regards to incidents, near misses and accidents
· Collate and produce a variety of weekly safety reports
· Attend health and safety meetings on a frequent basis
· Undertake projects and information gathering to establish hazards and level of risk within the delivery station
· Be involved in undertaking action plans to ensure continuing compliance with Legislation
· Monitor vehicle safety both related to transportation trucks and airplanes
· Support business across all shifts and days as applicable
· Carry out training sessions for managers and associates as required
· Degree in health or safety
· Experience working in transportation either vehicle or flight
· Experience working in projects or heavy industry
· Fluency in English
Amazon pursues the principle of equal opportunities as an employer. We firmly believe that employing a diverse workforce is a key factor in our success. We make hiring decisions based on your experience and qualifications. We appreciate your enthusiasm for discovering, inventing, simplifying and creating.
Amazon takes the protection of your personal information seriously and respects national data protection laws as well as EU data protection legislation. Unless otherwise agreed, by submitting your resume, you allow Amazon's hiring company to store your personal information in the electronic database maintained by Amazon Corporate LLC. in the USA or by a subsidiary for the purpose of determining your suitability for this and future positions offered and to track your application process.
If you wish to have your personal information deleted, you may notify the hiring company at any time. Amazon will not pass on your data to third parties without your prior consent. As part of the interview process with Amazon, you may be asked to allow Amazon to allow the hiring company to have your application data and resume reviewed separately by a third-party provider.
· Education and/or experience in Workplace Health and Safety
· High level of confidentiality, as you will be involved in safety related investigations
· Ability to work flexible hours when needed to cover shifts and escalation
· Experience using Microsoft Office packages, in particular Excel, Word and PowerPoint
· Fluency in both spoken and written German
· Basic proficiency in English (spoken and written)