Here at Amazon we are currently looking for a WHS Health and Safety Coordinator (m/w/d) to join the team and play a critical role in coordinating and supporting the health and safety within Amazon Transportation. The successful candidate will identify, coordinate and drive improvements in operations safety, quality and productivity, working with the Operations Management teams to continuously improve the functionality and level of service that the site provides to our customers.
The Health and Safety Coordinator role is an excellent opportunity to get a start in safety in Amazon at our Hannover, Berlin, Nuremberg, Frankfurt, Dusseldorf, Cologne, Witten, Kassel, Munich, Leipzig Locations.
The Health & Safety Coordinator will be responsible for :
· Assisting with risk assessments and ensure follow up control measures to actioned and complete
· Act as an advisor for associates and managers on company health and safety procedures as well as legal requirements to comply with
· Monitoring the air hub to ensure we comply to company safety procedures and to identify risks and opportunity areas
· Assist with the investigation of incidents to establish root cause and develop a relevant action plans to follow up on it
· Keep diligently updated our internal records with regards to incidents, near misses and accidents
· Collate and produce a variety of weekly safety reports
· Attend health and safety meetings on a frequent basis
· Undertake projects and information gathering to establish hazards and level of risk within the delivery station
· Be involved in undertaking action plans to ensure continuing compliance with Legislation
· Monitor vehicle safety both related to transportation trucks and airplanes
· Support business across all shifts and days as applicable
· Carry out training sessions for managers and associates as required
· Responsible for emergency response and managing the first aid facilities
· Bachelor’s Degree in health , safety or relevant field of study
· Experienced medic, paramedic or healthcare professional
· Further qualifications related to safety, emergency services, health and fitness industry, environmental science, investigations and a security, personal dynamics, training and interpersonal skill development.
· A positive and cheerful disposition willing to think outside the box.
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build.
Protecting your privacy and the security of your data is a longstanding top priority for Amazon. Please consult our Privacy Notice to know more about how we collect, use and transfer the personal data of our candidates.
· Education and/or experience in Workplace Health and Safety
· Ability to work flexible hours when needed to cover required shifts
· Experience using Microsoft Office packages, in particular Excel, Word and PowerPoint
· Proficient in English and Germany
· Able to be trained in Advanced First Aid and confident to respond to medical emergencies
· Ability to help enforce and maintain the high standards and expectations of Amazon's workplace health and safety policies.