Year-on-year, as we continue to grow, we need to work as smart as we can, to keep all our team members safe, fulfilled, motivated and empowered. To help us achieve our ambitious goals, we are seeking a driven Health & Safety Coordinator.
The Health & Safety Coordinator will be responsible for :
· Assisting with risk assessments and ensure follow up control measures to actioned and complete
· Act as an advisor for associates and managers on company health and safety procedures as well as legal requirements to comply with
· Monitoring the delivery station to ensure we comply to company safety procedures and to identify risks and opportunity areas
· Assist with the investigation of incidents to establish root cause and develop a relevant action plans to follow up on it
· Keep diligently updated our internal records with regards to incidents, near misses and accidents
· Collate and produce a variety of weekly safety reports
· Attend health and safety meetings on a monthly basis
· Undertake projects and information gathering to establish hazards and level of risk within the delivery station
· Be involved in undertaking action plans to ensure continuing compliance with Legislation
· Monitor Dock and Yard safety procedures to ensure compliance
· Monitor Smart Handling safety procedures to ensure compliance
· Carry out training sessions for managers and associates as required
Core working hours for this role will be Monday to Friday from 0800am to1630pm. Travels across multiple sites is required.
· NVQ Level 3 in a safety related field/NEBOSH Certificate desirable
· Education and/or experience in Workplace Health and Safety
· High level of Confidentiality, as you will be involved in safety related investigations
· Ability to work flexible hours when needed to cover shifts and escalation
· Successful candidates must enroll in the EHS Apprenticeship Scheme and obtain qualification within 18 months.
· Full UK Driving Licence
· Experience using Microsoft Office packages, in particular Excel, Word and PowerPoint
· Highly proficient in both spoken and written English