IMDb runs the #1 movie website in the world with a combined web and mobile audience of more than 200 million unique monthly visitors. Our mission is to help entertainment fans of all ages and backgrounds explore the world of movies and shows and decide what to watch next. We believe everyone should be able to easily find something to watch that matches their mood, who they’re with, and how much time they have - no matter where they watch.
We are looking for an entrepreneurial, analytical, and results-oriented product leader to help shape the future of IMDb. The Head of Product is responsible for strategic planning, product delivery, and go-to-market for the overall business.
A day in the life
You will lead a team of product managers to invent and build new experiences that help customers around the world discover and decide what to watch, every day. You and your team will work hand in hand with our user experience, growth, monetization, and technology teams to deliver IMDb’s ambitious global reach, engagement, and revenue goals.
About the hiring group
IMDb sits at the intersection of the entertainment, media, and technology inside the world’s most innovative and consumer-centric company – Amazon.com. IMDb employees enjoy the benefits of working for Amazon with the autonomy of working on a small, nimble team. At IMDb, you can expect a culture of ambitious but achievable product development, built in short iterations with lots of experimentation. We celebrate team and personal milestones, and value balanced lifestyles that enable us to be refreshed and productive each day. Best of all, we share a passion for entertainment; we meet regularly with our founder and colleagues to discuss current films, shows, and events.
· Customer Insight & Innovation: You and your team will develop bold, innovative product solutions that are grounded in a deep understanding of customer needs.
· Hire and Develop: You will manage and expand a product management team that continually raises the bar for customers.
· Business Growth: You will manage the complete business of your product area, including establishing key metrics, setting and meeting goals on reach, engagement, and retention.
· Product Delivery: You will define and own your team’s short and long-term product roadmap, including business cases, user stories, customer experience, analytics, and rapid delivery in an Agile environment.
· Cross-Functional Partnership: You will foster tight partnerships with key stakeholders. This role in particular requires strong relationships with peers on several teams.
· Technical Fluency: You are not an engineer, but you will seek to understand how your products get built and will use that knowledge to work with your product and engineering partners to make smart decisions.
· Communication: You will proactively communicate your teams' plans and accomplishments in both verbal and written narratives and business reviews to ensure alignment with senior leadership and technical partners.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
· Proven experience in a Head of Product role with a track record of bringing global technology products to market and delivering results in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
· Experience using large-scale analytics and data, both qualitative and quantitative, to shape product decisions, build business forecasts, and measure results
· Demonstrated ability to work effectively across internal and external organizations is key.
· MBA or equivalent relevant business experience
· Able to think and act both strategically and tactically, deal with ambiguity, manage changing priorities, and influence others
· Ability to operate at a tactical level
· Experience with forecasting and modeling
· Technical aptitude, including familiarity with web services and component-based architecture
· A love of movies and TV
· 8+ years of technical product management, program management or engineering experience
· 2+ years of experience with end to end product delivery
· Experience leading engineering discussions around technology decisions and strategy related to a product
· Bachelor's Degree
· Experience owning feature delivery and tradeoffs of a product
· Experience owning roadmap strategy and definition
· 6+ years of experience managing teams