**Open to hiring in multiple locations**
Come build the future with us! What unites all Amazonians (across teams and geographies) is that we are all striving to delight our customers and make their lives easier. In pursuit of delighting customers, Amazonians have developed many products and services that have transformed the way our customers live their lives and run their businesses. Together we are building the future, one innovative product, service, and idea at a time.
Amazon Advertising is dedicated to driving measurable outcomes for large brands, small businesses, partners (agencies and advertising software companies) and publishers. Our ad solutions—including sponsored ads, display, video, audio, and custom ads—leverage Amazon’s innovations and insights to find, attract, and engage audiences throughout their daily journeys. With a range of flexible pricing and buying models, including self-service, managed service, and programmatic ad buying, these solutions help businesses build brand awareness, increase product sales, and more.
Within our growing Amazon Advertising Marketing & Training organization, we are seeking an accomplished brand marketing leader to evolve the Amazon Advertising brand and build the brand strategy into an industry leading program that drives awareness and consideration among advertisers and agencies. The right candidate will have a track record of developing a brand strategy from the ground up, including customer segmentation and personas, brand identity and design, and value proposition and core themes. This person should be creative, results oriented, relentlessly focused on the customer, and push to uphold high standards for brand building and marketing execution. This person should be passionate about building compelling messages, with the goal of shifting advertiser perceptions and driving sustained awareness and brand familiarity. You will also report out on program health regularly to key stakeholders and partner teams across the organization. This position can be based in Seattle or New York and will report to the global Director of Brand Marketing.
This is a highly cross-functional role that requires close partnership across Product Marketing, Product Management, Insights & Research, Finance, Channel Marketing, Sales, PR, Legal, and Training teams, and requires strong communication skills, both verbal and written. This role requires a creative marketer and a solid story-teller to shift perceptions through inspiration and engagement of brand and agency customers. As an owner, you will define the Amazon Advertising brand strategy and marketing narratives for key customers segments, and this work feeds into the development of highly-visible marketing materials, including the development of keynotes, case studies, blog posts, sizzle reels, website content, event programming, and research created by partner teams.
Specific functions are as follows:
· Define the brand value proposition and messaging frameworks, brand strategy, customer segmentation, and external messaging
· Own the measurement of the Amazon Advertising brand and associated KPIs
· Refine the external voice and expand public presence of Amazon Advertising across the industry
· Evolve the brand portfolio and own the creative direction of the Amazon Advertising brand
· Set and hold a consistently high bar for design and content quality of all customer-facing marketing materials and events
· Drive brand consistency and adoption globally, and develop recommendations for new brand initiatives
· Work closely with cross-Amazon teams to simplify and unify external brand marketing programs and events across diverse brand portfolios
· Build and continually assess competitive offerings to ensure brand differentiation and competitiveness
· Manage the brand extensions to facilitate international expansion and localization of the brand
· Serve as an internal advocate for customer needs; ensure broad awareness of, and empathy for, customer pain points
· Experience in eCommerce, advertising or technology sector
· Experience working with a fast-paced and geographically dispersed organization
· Possess strong decision-making skills
· Ability to prioritize in complex, fast-paced environment
· Ability to gather, interpret and apply a wide range of data
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
· Experience owning creative input, development and execution from concept to completion
· 9+ years of professional non-internship marketing experience
· Experience presenting metrics and progress to goal to c-suite stakeholders
· Experience driving direction and alignment with cross-functional teams
· Experience building, executing and scaling cross-functional marketing programs
· Experience using data and metrics to measure impact and determine improvements
· Experience using Microsoft Excel to manipulate and analyze data
· 10+ years of experience in brand development or brand marketing, marketing communications, or growth marketing or technology
· Minimum 3 years’ experience leading a brand team in technology, advertising or related industry
· Experience with owning a global brand and driving aggressive brand awareness and growth goals
· Owned development of segmentation and persona development, and mapped value proposition and messaging to customer profiles for go-to-market efforts
· Experience overseeing brand strategy and definition; ideally implementing and executing a new strategy to the marketplace
· Experience working cross-functionally with partner teams to drive adoption and usage of brand assets and messaging
· Managed a team of brand managers and creative directors and maintained relentlessly high quality and standards
· Quick decision-making abilities demonstrating bias for action under tight timing and pressure
· Analytical mindset shown to drive metrics and benchmarks to ensure continuous improvement in process and results
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills with internal stakeholders and external customers