AWS Infrastructure Operations Training and Development is responsible for providing training and career development based learning paths to all new and existing data center technicians world-wide. Our team is constantly looking to optimize the training experience and provide our field operations teams with the highest skilled workforce.
Our team is looking for a leader to head our Learning Technology and Business Intelligence team. The leader will manage a team of program managers, systems administrators, and business intelligence analysts; create actionable business intelligence dashboards; manage our learning technology platform; negotiate with external vendors; and evaluate new technologies.
As a leader you will be responsible for setting program strategy, prioritizing programs with business leaders, reporting progress to executive management, and managing budgets across multiple programs.
The successful candidate will be a proven leader and will have demonstrated the ability to complete technical projects individually and lead teams to complete complex programs spanning multiple internal and external teams of constituents. Excellent communication skills are a must with the ability to influence individual contributors and executive management.
In this role you will:
· Enable transparency and decision making across AWS leadership by providing communication and clear status of the projects you own.
· Bring your expertise, problem solving skills, and creativity to add value to our team.
· Unify distributed process improvement efforts and own the plan to deliver quality outcomes for our customers.
· Work across orgs to ensure we continue marrying internal support capabilities with best-in-class customer experience as new services and features are launched.
· Manage a team that continuously improves our organizational efficiency and productivity as AWS continues to grow.
· Enhance and develop the continuous improvement capability within the operational teams.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
· MBA or Master’s degree in education, program management, or related field
· Demonstrated ability to be a big picture thinker, strategist and long term planner
· Superior communication skills, including the ability to effectively manage, influence, negotiate, and communicate with external business partners and internal teams to meet operational performance goals
· Ability to meet deadlines, prioritize workloads, maintain a strong attention to detail and work independently in a fast-paced and rapidly changing environment
· Experience with applying Agile methodologies to non-technical software development projects
· Meets/exceeds Amazon’s leadership principles requirements for this role.
· Meets/exceeds Amazon’s functional/technical depth and complexity for this role.
· Excellent project management skills with a proven ability to design workable solutions and drive projects to successful implementation
· Excellent communication skills and ability to manage multiple programs concurrently.
· Bachelor's degree from an accredited university or 2+ years of experience working at Amazon or applicable experience
· Certification and practical implementation of process and mechanism improvement such as Six Sigma, Agile, PMI, and PMO
· 5+ years managing technical programs and software platforms
· 5+ years in Program and/or Project Management role
· 5+ years people management