Are you inspired by building new technologies to benefit customers? Do you dream of being at the forefront of autonomous system technologies? Would you enjoy working in a fast paced, highly collaborative, start-up like environment? If you answered yes to any of these then you've got to check out the Amazon Scout team.
We’ve been hard at work developing a new, fully-electric delivery system –Amazon Scout – designed to get packages to customers using autonomous delivery devices. These devices were created by Amazon, are the size of a small cooler, and roll along sidewalks at a walking pace. We developed Amazon Scout at our research and development lab in Seattle, ensuring the devices can safely and efficiently navigate around pets, pedestrians and anything else in their path.
The Amazon Scout team shares a passion for innovation using advanced technologies, a love of solving complex challenges, and a desire to impact customers in a meaningful way. We're looking for individuals who like dealing with ambiguity, solving hard, large scale problems, and working in a startup like environment.
To learn more about Amazon Scout, check out our Amazon Day One Blog post here: http://amazon.com/scout
The Hardware Validation and Test Engineer will be responsible for:
· Working with hardware design and systems engineering engineers to develop programs, methods to design hardware validation strategies
· Writing and executing test plans for electro-mechanical components
· Architecting, designing and developing test setups for different electrical components
· Designing, building, and maintain automated equipment and fixtures for validation and testing
· Analyzing test results and author design verification test reports
· Presenting test reports to hardware key stake holders to help them make hardware design decisions
· Participating in design failure mode analysis to help identify high risk areas
· Participating in overall risk analysis to help determine the correct priority order for execution
· Experience writing efficient, detailed and precise methods that verify product requirements and participate in the refinement of these requirements as necessary
· Highly analytical with experience including statistical methods for data analysis
· Experience with Design of Experiments
· Deep understanding of statistical methods and the ability to develop appropriately powered experiments using these methods
· Experience with reliability analysis and measurement
· Experience with LabVIEW or other programming language or scripting such as C++, C#, Java, Python, etc.
· Experience testing Radars and Lidars
· Experience with mechanical and reliability testing
· Willingness and desire to roll up your sleeves and execute plans as required
· Ability to work with technicians and coach more junior team members
· Self-starter, capable of working independently and building strong cross functional relationships
· Strong written and verbal communication skills
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
· BS in Electrical Engineering or equivalent discipline
· 3+ years of experience designing and executing test and validation plans of electro-mechanical components, subsystems and full systems
· Strong hands-on experience designing and building test fixtures
· Hands-on experience with general purpose and RF lab instrumentation
· Working knowledge of electrical tests: high speed signal interfaces and buses, power modules.
· Proficient at performing DOEs and data analysis to identify root causes of design flaws
· System level debug experience
· Experience reading electrical schematics and system diagrams