We are looking for a Hardware Test Engineer (HDE II) capable of operating in a fast-paced, ever-changing, multi-platform international manufacturing and production environment. Our Hardware Test Engineers develop strategies across numerous platforms and architectures. They automate tests for machine vision hardware using scripting while ensuring the required specifications are met, including analyzing and recording data. They are expected to handle personal project management, execution, and ongoing hardware test support of all products in production as well as new product introductions. We are looking for leaders in hardware design, test, and process development.
The Team: Amazon Go is a new kind of store with no lines and no checkout. You simply use the Amazon Go app to enter the store, take what you want from our selection of fresh, delicious meals and grocery essentials, and go.
Our checkout-free shopping experience is made possible by our Just Walk Out Technology. It automatically detects when products are taken from or returned to the shelves and keeps track of them in a virtual cart. When you’re done shopping, you just leave the store. Shortly after, we’ll charge your Amazon account and send you a receipt. Check it out at amazon.com/go. Designed and custom-built by Amazonians, our technology uses computer vision, sensor fusion, and advanced machine learning. Innovation is part of our DNA. We need people who want to join a high-reaching program that continues to collaborate and push state of the art in computer vision, machine learning, distributed systems, and hardware design.
We are looking for excellent engineers that epitomize technical and operational excellence – that can drive innovation and apply state-of-the-art technologies to solve real-world challenges. Working simultaneously on projects in different phases is common; you can demonstrate robust design and validation skills in addition to the understanding of the mechanics of ongoing operational excellence and product support. You are responsive, flexible, and able to succeed within an open and collaborative peer environment.
As a Hardware Test Engineer II, you will be responsible for defining and implementing a manufacturing test strategy for new hardware devices. You will drive manufacturing test system designs with our internal Firmware, Technical Program Management, Reliability, Quality, Operations, Production Software, Hardware Engineering (Mechanical, Electrical, Optical) teams, and our Contract Manufacturers (CM). In this role, you will:
· Define test plan, implement and optimize test setup/processes at the CM, including design and qualification of test fixtures, test equipment, and test software
· Provide feedback and write software/firmware scripts for multiple manufacturing test lines
· Design testers for PCBAs
· Support design verification testing with camera system design teams such as the EE, ME, Optics teams.
· Drive cross-functional test requirements, specifications, and limits with the hardware development team
· Work concurrently with the design engineers to provide design for testability (DFT) feedback throughout the design process
· Investigate and troubleshoot yield issues during prototype and production builds
· Write status and build reports for cross-functional review
· Deploy and provide training for engineering teams internally and externally
· Develop procedures, preventative maintenance plans, and troubleshooting guides to support production
· Investigate and introduce new manufacturing test technology and methodology to enhance production efficiency
· MS or PhD in Electrical, Manufacturing or Computer Engineering
· Agile software development skills
· Experience with production quality metrics and Lean manufacturing
· Proven track record of designing software or hardware projects from concept through production
· Experience working with contract manufacturers
· Strong operational excellence focus
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
· Bachelor’s in Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Computer Science or related field
· 2+ years of experience with circuit boards and FPGAs
· 2+ years of experience in camera systems integration for electronic devices
· 2+ years of experience with Matlab, C/C++, Java, or Python programming
· Proven experience with writing software for camera systems
· Experience with reviewing electrical and mechanical design documentation
· Experience with communication interfaces, such as USB, I2C, and SPI
· Understanding of methods of testing software and hardware
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to present complex technical information clearly and concisely to technical and non-technical leaders
· Interested and able to travel internationally